1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When developing a new load for your specific gun make two test two, then make ten test ten, then make fifty test fifty then make ten thousand.............
But don't make one hundred first.
Make sure.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Great advice! I have been reloading for over 25 years and I just came across some really nice and inexpensive 45 165 grain JHP bullet tips. They were made by Hornady for Triton bullets. There seems to lots left over from the order so LSB in Nebraska sells them as blems. Long story short-----NO loading data for the 165 grain bullet that I could find. I enterpalated(sp?) the difference between a 155 grain and 180 grain in the Vit-Vor manuel using Vit-Vor N320. Loaded up 100 and waited to go to the range the next week.....Dang if the load would not function my slide as I wanted. Not enough powder or maybe I needed a slower powder or a lighter recoil spring....Anyway, now I have 85 rounds left to shoot in my 625 revolver (at least I don't have to pull them!)....As you said, load small quanitys of rounds when working on a new load..... I knew that but ignored it this time...I guess I have plenty of time to do things over...:)

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
You rang ?!? :biglaugh:

Great tip WESHOOT2,

I mark the cases with magicmarker also when I try something different so I can inspect the cases when I get home from the range.

·
Registered
15,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"HEY! SOMEBODY WIPE MY DROOL!"

Nothing quite like a lesson (I've, too) learned the hard way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts