1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a Colt Delta Elite 10mm and two of the mags that were in the deal have pretty thick rubber base pads that appear to Colt factory pads if there is such an animal. Both mags have the rampant Colt logo and are embossed with 10mm. It seems that the pads are not screwed on but are held in place by an adhesive.

I dont really care for the style of these pads, they are about a half in thick, and are flared on the sides.

Both mags seems to be good quality mags and are otherwise not marked. The gun they came with was second hand when I acquired it and the last owner claims to have had it for 8-9 years and he too picked it up as used.

Does anyone know if Colt ever made 10mm mags like these or sold rubber pads like these.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,426 Posts
I don't know if Colt ever made base pads. I bought two used Delta mags, and had to remove the pad from one because the screws were binding on the little sheet-metal retainer that goes between the spring and the baseplate. The other mag had the retainer drilled as well - that seems to be the way to go if you want to use screw-on pads.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After doing a little research I have learned that Colt does in fact offer the Delta Elite magazines with a factory installed bumper pad. The factory bumper pads are glued to the mag base, no screws used and the mags can still be taken down for cleaning by removing the base and glued on pad, its a little akward but can be done without too many descriptive adjectives (cuss words). I was not able to find the pads by themselves but thats OK, I dont want any more of them.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts