1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to take care of Para factory magazine problem? All my para mazaines would not feed the last round. Help!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had the same problem with my p13. I filed alittle on the slide stop where it contacts the mag. I also made a detent notch in the slide stop. It works so far.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
You did not say what Para model and which mags you are using. I work with the P-16 model a lot and what I've found is if you bend the front of the top coil on your spring upward this will help keep the front of the follower up. I use Grams Engineering base pad kits in my mag tubes, I like the extra capicity they offer and the spring used in the kit is of very good quality.
Regards,Bob Hunter. www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
645 Posts
The slide stop is rising up and locking the slide back with a round left in the magazine?

Dremel or drill a very slight dimple in the end of the slide stop for the plunger detent to engage while the slide stop is down all the way. Then it will only rise up to lock the slide back when contacted by the magazine folllower.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If yopur problem is with P16-40 don't file away anything. Cause of problem is that the front of the magazine follower is tilted UP TOO HIGH. This lowers the rear of the round & allows the slide to pass right over it without picking it up. Disassemble the magazine. Bend only the top coil down. All will be well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts