1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to order 1000 185 gr LSWC Bullets today from Falcon and I noticed that their site is temporarily closed? It’s odd cause you can’t even navigate through the inventory to view any products.
Hopefully they are just out of products and working on equipment and cleaning as claimed, and not looking at closing their doors.

So my question is, does anyone know what mold they used to cast their 185 LSWC? Unfortunately it looks like I’ll have to use a different vendor for my Bullets.

I’m just not looking forward to getting 1000 Bullets that don’t cycle 100%, due to different casting dimensions. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have used several different brands of 185-200 gr. LSWC and can not tell any difference in feeding.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear that, I have not. I’ve heard that different manufacturers use different mold dimensions. I’ve only been using Falcon for 230 LRN and 185 SWC and finally got the COAL and crimp right to function nearly 1000 rounds at 100% reliably.

Not looking at changing up things unless I can’t get their Bullets.

Seems like everyone is weeks backlogged and out of stock. After not finding Titegroup, I bought the last pound of Clays that the local hardware store had. Tired out to be a good powder.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Unfortunately you are learning a lesson for the future- buy in bulk, well before you need it.

By the way, Clays is fantastic for 185gr and 200gr 45acp loads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts