1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Nope. It's an LCC (Lightfoot Compact Combat). Circa 2001. Only made for a few years.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Nice setup there Chief! Love the Bowie. That crowned handle makes me think of that massive, antler crown handled Bowie Sam Elliot carried in the Louis L'Amour based westerns he was in. I still want one like that.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sorry crappy pic.

TRP and 560 BW

Sentenza, I love what you did with the ZT lock retainer. Really makes the blackwash pop. Did you replace the factory washer, or just add the brass head on top?

I have a 561 on my desk in front of me right now, as well as a few dummy rounds. Looks like the base of .223 is almost the exact size of the original washer, but I'm loving the idea of a .45 base.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Most "Bowie" types look like they're trying to hard to be a hatchet or something but that spear point is really nice looking Chief!

·
Registered
99 Posts
This overtravel lock replaces the original. There is a guy on ebay that makes and sells these in .45, and 9mm.

Sentenza, I love what you did with the ZT lock retainer. Really makes the blackwash pop. Did you replace the factory washer, or just add the brass head on top?

I have a 561 on my desk in front of me right now, as well as a few dummy rounds. Looks like the base of .223 is almost the exact size of the original washer, but I'm loving the idea of a .45 base.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Man, I though I had to take solace in the comfort of my -57 after shooting an Airweight .38 but that .357 really has to smart!
The light scandium J frame with full house magnum loads is punishing. I shoot 38's for proficiency, followed by a couple cylinders of full house, capped off with my Hornady 357 mag carry loads. The carry loads aren't exactly comfortable, but they're accurate and tolerable for SD distances.:)

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
The light scandium J frame with full house magnum loads is punishing. I shoot 38's for proficiency, followed by a couple cylinders of full house, capped off with my Hornady 357 mag carry loads. The carry loads aren't exactly comfortable, but they're accurate and tolerable for SD distances.:)
It's actually amazing how accurate those snubbies are, no question! And they are great SD weapons being light and highly concealable...

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
The handle in the CRKT looks comfortable.
The edges of the raised sections are a little sharp. I don't have the box anymore but they claimed its the most ergonomic handle ever made.

The Sig is my home defense gun. Larry Davidson Wyrm grips, same as on my custom commander.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
US1911, I have one of those M&P knives in plain blade, though a bit more roughed up than that one. I traded it off my second oldest some time back because I had an M&P auto.

The steel is serviceable, but I wish it had better because that thing is practically an auto with the ease, speed, and authority it snaps open with. About the only difference that keeps it listed as an AO is that you have a flipper and thumb stud instead of a button on the handle. Just a light bump of that flipper and BAM! it's open.

That top photo with the lighting, gloves, and crowbar, and the armament looks like you're out either robbing old tombs or digging out badgers. You ain't doin no rustlin are ya??? :scratch:

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
It's actually amazing how accurate those snubbies are, no question! And they are great SD weapons being light and highly concealable...
I didn't always think that, as I was a bit nieve about snubs, and actually put off buying one for years because of that. Then one day, a friend out of state came to visit and we hit the range. He grabbed his Airweight and commenced to blow out the 10 ring. Granted, he was only shooting from the 7 yard line, but still, he was incredibly accurate.

He'd been carrying an Airweight bug for years and routinely qualified with it. Ever since then, I make it a point to shoot my Airweight nearly every time I hit the range. I can't quite duplicate his accuracy, but I'm much improved from where I started, and I've learned that I can no longer blame it in the gun.:)
The steel is serviceable, but I wish it had better because that thing is practically an auto with the ease, speed, and authority it snaps open with. About the only difference that keeps it listed as an AO is that you have a flipper and thumb stud instead of a button on the handle. Just a light bump of that flipper and BAM! it's open.
My Daughter gifted that blade to me. It's a cool blade, the MAGIC assist is in fact lightning quick, but I don't carry it often because I really prefer a longer handle.
That top photo with the lighting, gloves, and crowbar, and the armament looks like you're out either robbing old tombs or digging out badgers. You ain't doin no rustlin are ya??? :scratch:
:biglaugh: It was actually a very eerie feeling night when I took that pic. It had just stormed, night had fallen, the grass was dormant and the skies were just crazy looking. So, I layed out the tools and bounced a flash. It's just weird, cause I'm actually spooked by that photo.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
:biglaugh: It was actually a very eerie feeling night when I took that pic. It had just stormed, night had fallen, the grass was dormant and the skies were just crazy looking. So, I layed out the tools and bounced a flash. It's just weird, cause I'm actually spooked by that photo.:eek:
That is an interesting photo. When I looked at it the first thing I thought of was Marv on Sin City going down his check list before heading to the farm. All's you need is some razor wire and some 2' strips of surgical tubing.... :D

41 - 60 of 343 Posts