1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you prefer a 1911 (Marvel or other tops, Kimber 22lr, Colt ACE, ect), S&W 41, Browning Buckmark or other?

If a 1911, what's your favorite of the bunch?
:confused:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hoser, I love .22 pistols. I have a S&W 17, 41, 22A1, 422, 35, Ruger 22/25, H&R 922 and a Kimber .22 conversion mounted on a reworked AMT 1911 frame. I love the S&W 17 and 41 Smiths and have owned them about 25 years but my favorite to shoot is the .22 conversion 1911. It is as accurate in my hands as any of them and has been totally reliable. The balance of the aluminum slide on the stainless frame is perfect. It always goes to the range with me. I shot a pencil in two a 18 yards on the second shot and returned days later and shot the stub in one with Remington Thunderbolts. 2 FTF in 1,000 rounds with the Thunderbolts. Yep, it`s my favorite. Bob

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a Browning Buckmark that I really like. Very accurate and fun to shoot. But recently I got a Kadet kit for my 9mm CZ75B and it's rapidly becoming my favorite.

Hard to beat a .22LR pistol for cost/grin ratio.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Another fan of the Browning Buckmark here. Never have had a bit of trouble with it. And 500 rounds of ammo for under 10 bucks, hard to beat that.

Stacey

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Browning Buckmark has a big following. I`d like to try one sometime. There seems to be some Texan night owls up tonight. I`ve been up 20 hours 12 of which were work and 1 1/2 commute. I`m ready to call it a day. Bob

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I really like my Browning Buck Mark Micro nickel. Wish I could say as much for my S&W 317 "kit gun". Not a big fan of it.

I've been seriously considering a Marvel Practical .22 conversion for my old Colt USGI 1911. Too bad the "special" $250 pricing has ended. I might have just bought one!

:eek:

Mike

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I love my .22's! Got a Ceiner top for my 1911's which lets me keep the feel of the frame and trigger, a 5" Ruger Bull Barrel, and my favorite, a Ruger Single-Six. That baby is unbelieveably accurate, plus I can shoot Aguila's super quiet Colibre ammo.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Allie, I`ve only had my 422 about a month but it is really growing on me. It has performed flawlessly so far. Feels great the in the hand. Shoots good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Colt Targetsman (Woodsman Variant)
Taurus PT-22 (semi auto)
Taurus M-94 (Revolver) stainless

Five, .22 cal rifles

Yeah......I love shooting the .22s:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
I first used a Ruger MK II Government with a 10" bull barrel, traded for a Browning Buck Mark Varmit model with a 10" bull barrel, which was more accurate and had a better trigger pull. I sold the Buck Mark and bought a Volquartsen Terminator model, built on a Ruger MK II, and it is the finest .22 cal. pistol I have ever shot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't know how you guys are happy with your Browning Buckmarks. Nice feel to it, and nice trigger, but mine won't hit the broadside of a barn....from the inside! I've tried all kinds of ammo and still no groups any good, and that's even when benchresting the gun. I've had it for about 5 years now, never shoot it. You think Browning would do something about it after all this time?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I really like my Colt Cadet .22. Super accurate, and I have two barrels -- one 4" with fixed sights and one 6" with adjustables and a red -dot sight. It is a shame that Colt doesn't make these anymore. :(

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble with the Buckmark, cocked&locked, I've had mine for about 5 months and have been very pleased with it.
It's been accurate and very reliable for me, I like running a bunch of rounds through it during range sessions, it's good, cheap plinking fun!:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
S&W 41 7" with factory muzzle break. The gun is as old as I am and it still shoots wonderful and accurate. From a bench rest and using match ammo it can keep 1/2" groups at 50yds ALL day long.
She's a beauty.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I love my Marlin7000 rifle... extremely accurate.

The only downfall in my opinion, is that it's not bolt action.

For some reason I really prefer bolt action .22 rifles to semi-autos, especially for target guns.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts