1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand, model, why you like it, etc.

I am looking hard at the Centurion C3 from Surefire as my house light, as it's a 9 volt, and the red filter I like to use in the house won't slow down the brightness as much.

I'm thinking one of the Executive models for carrying with me, as they're small enough not to be totally obtrusive.

I currently am old-school, with a 3P and a 6P. I was hoping to find a 9P but it appears that they no longer make them. Which is why I'm looking at the C3 for home use. I figure the 6p will become the car light.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Since I don't have a Surefire my favorite flashlight is my Brinkman Legend LX. Bright white light, lithium powered, aluminum, all for $19.99. Not near the quality of a Surefire though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Surefire E2e, most expensive little flashlight I ever saw and worth every penny.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like my E2E, Arc AA & AAA, and the Inova 24/7 in olive drab is spiffy (though in no way a gun light).

A great budget version of an Arc AAA is the Dorcy AAA avail at walymart.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Surefire M2, and E1e with KL1 LED head carried.
M6 on the nightstand at home and in the car.
Oh yeah, edited to add Z2 on my AR.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I carry a couple of Streamlight Scorpions on my person, although I may soon switch to one of their "tactical" lights with the little plastic thing that allows a cigar hold.

I initially got the Scorpions because I got them inexpensively on closeout at the Cutlery Shoppe. At the time, they were a lot more rugged than the SureFire lights if you dropped on a hard surface. I'm sure the SureFires are sturdier now, but I don't have any compelling reason to switch. If I did, I'd probably go with the G2/Nitrolon version of the Z series light.

I have a Surefire G2 Nitrolon on my car gun (a superlight AR carbine). I have a TacStar weapons light on my house AR.

They all work nicely!

M

·
0 Posts
I have a Surefire M2 and love it. Also the M910 for my AR, love that too.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
A Surefire 6P can be converted to a 9P with the addition of a A19 extension, P90 bulb and 3rd xx123 lithium battery. I converted one of my 6Ps to a 9P.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've got a Surefire M2 that I like for home use. For EDC I really like my ARC LSH-P. Just the right amount of light (and very small). For most utility uses, the M2 is too bright.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Since my money tree outback got annosus root rot and died, I can't afford a surefire. So my flashlight of choice is a Streamlight Scorpion. Small, 6500cp...great for tracking deer, or taking that tactical poop at night when the power goes out. :hrm:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I owned Surefire 6P's and M2's [both great lights] but when I bought the Surefire G2 I sold all the others. I think they are a best buy. They are light in weight, they dont blow the bulb as easy if dropped, they are more comfortable to hold if hot/cold and they are CHEAP! You can usually find them for $30 shipped! I do have an E1 that I use if going out to dinner etc. just because it fits in a pocket so easily. But anything Surefire is good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts