1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on which grip saftey I want on my RRA Standard Match. My only requirement is that it be made of quality tool steel. What are the differences between the various major players in this regard, like Wilson, Brown, Baer?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I like Ed Brown's myself,but they require trimming the bottom of the tang also.Best feel IMO.Wilson has a copy I think but not sure.Wilson,Bear,etc all make a good product.You really need to feel them to see which design and feel you prefer.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I like Ed Brown too. It looks and feels good. My thumb doesn't have to work harder to operate like Baer's.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Brown with the Memory Groove is very nice, but a Wilson with the Speed Bump works too.

I have also enjoyed the few ocassions with the Colt XS Dorsal Fin style. Feels a bit funky but works nicely!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I normally like the one that happens to be on any 45 I have in my hands on a day when the weather is about 70 degrees outside, it is sunny, and I have about 250 rounds of ammo with me. Actually, I can really stand any of them in a pinch except the 1911 style which eats my hand up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ed Brown's is the cream of the crop..

Rick

------------------
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like the Ed Brown too. The gun seems to sit lower in your hand. I had one fit to a Delta Elite and it was really comfortable.

I have a Kimber and a Les Baer, but the Ed Brown stills feels the nicest to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love the Ed Brown beavertail grip with memory groove. Only a little filing and machine work was done and it sits perfectly well in my Norinco standard .45 in a matter of minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts