1911Forum banner
261 - 273 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
"Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits. It came from an era where it was the norm to learn how your weapon operated and to practice that operation until it became second nature, not to design the piece to the lowest common denominator. It came from an era in which our country tried to supply its fighting men with the best tools possible, unlike today, when our fighting men and women are issued hardware that was adopted because of international deal-making or the fact that the factory is in some well-connected congressman's district. Yes, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the 1911 IS an outdated design....and that's exactly what I love about it." - Rosco S. Benson

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
"I promise you a day of reckoning that you won't live long enough to never forget." - Joe Sarno (Way of the Gun)

Longbaugh: "Who are you?"
Sarno: "I'm the guy you might meet one night. Maybe next week - maybe a year from now, when you wake up with a pillow over your head. And the last thing you'll hear is a little pop."

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
The thing I like best about this quote is that it is from the Dalai Lama. :rock:

One from someone who tried to kill the Dalai Lama: "Political power grows from the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong

Mao's comment is especially interesting to keep in mind when viewing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS_1bzaj2fw

This is why the English have gun control. Political authority may be derived from the people, but authority without power is easily subverted.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Great Quote!

"Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights, not to avoid product liability lawsuits. It came from an era where it was the norm to learn how your weapon operated and to practice that operation until it became second nature, not to design the piece to the lowest common denominator. It came from an era in which our country tried to supply its fighting men with the best tools possible, unlike today, when our fighting men and women are issued hardware that was adopted because of international deal-making or the fact that the factory is in some well-connected congressman's district. Yes, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the 1911 IS an outdated design....and that's exactly what I love about it." - Rosco S. Benson
:rock:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Religion, Weapons & Self Defense

“Though defensive violence will always be ‘a sad necessity’ in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men.” St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

·
Registered
375 Posts
From the show Justified...US Marshall Rayland throws a bullet at a BG and then says

"Next one will be coming faster"

·
Banned
473 Posts
Sure it's been taken already but srsly best moment ever:

Local: you just shot an unarmed man!!!

Clint: well he should've armed himself

261 - 273 of 273 Posts