1911Forum banner

favorite wilson

1481 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MPower
Would like to have one.Cant afford one now but one day.Favorites please. thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
All of them!...seriously...all of them!
I guess that the Classic two tone is my favorite as it is the one I bought, but I would love a Tactical Elite, Stainless Protector and a CQB. I am working on it.

· Registered
281 Posts
My Protector has been a fine reliable gun.With over 60,000 rounds fired it is still going strong.MPower how is the GSP?Sent mine back to be upgraded with the Kart barrel and the Raven Silver inlayed.Should be back by the end of the week. BILLG

· Registered
63 Posts
Damn Bill, that GSP is going to cost more than a Heinie with all those bells & whistles! The GSP is back. Ted did the repair work himself. He re fitted the beavertail, replaced some parts, replaced the barrel and safety and refinished the frame. I took it out last week and it shot very well but the trigger is still not up to the standard of my Wilson. Hopefully it will break in as time goes by. On the negative side my Rosewood grips that I had on the gun came back nicked and the MSH was refinished poorly. I also was frustrated on Sunday as I did not know it was normal for the hammer to drop from half-cock when the trigger is pulled and I thought I had re assembled the darn thing wrong. (My Wilson will not do that) I spoke to Ted today and he confirmed that this was a normal condition for GSP. There is a thread in troubleshooting if you are interested. I also replaced the MSH with a flat checkered Wilson unit. I fitted and refinished it myself and I much prefer it. Thinking of switching out to a long trigger also, but I have not decided. I also hear that Ted will be making some Ltwt. Commander GSP this year. With Wilson CQB hovering at $1800 another GSP may find its way into my collection yet.

Best
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.