1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a chance for all of us to brag a bit. I'd like to hear what everyone's favorite handguns are. :D If you're like me, you have acumulated more than a few. My top two? 1. A Baby Eagle 9mm; Feels great, looks cool, accurate, and operates flawlessly. 2. A nickled Colt 1903 Pocket Auto .380 with pearl grips and original shoulder rig that belonged to my Grandfather. :rock:

·
Administrator
73,765 Posts
Like children, I have too many favorites. Looking at the question from another angle, if I had to get rid of all my guns but one I'd keep my 1943-vintage Colt M1911A1. I don't know why, as I have nicer specimens. But it just has the "look". :cool:

Second place is a blued M1911A1. Third is a stainless Series 70.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Whatever my newest one is usually my favorite. But a better answer is my hard chromed Hi Power would be the last one I would part with. Mostly because it is the first gun I have ever gotten a gunsmith to customize.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love my pakerized full size 1911-A1 Springfield Armory

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
For me it would be my my Blued Colt XSE Govt. and my S&W M27 5".

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've shot a lot of pistols recently looking at which one to buy. My favorite was the Springfield Operator. I'm hoping I like the Sig GSR I just got on the list for is even better. :)

Favorite non-1911 is a P226 in .357 Sig. This gun will be ordered very soon as my GF loves it as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My S&W model 27, vintage 1955. Blueing so dark it looks black, nice wood grips. She's a safe queen now.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
My fav would be my Colt Gunsite, My wife's would be her Colt Combat Special Gov.:D Tracy

·
Registered
404 Posts
My favorite was my Glock 19, but that was before my Springfield ultra compact. There is just something rewarding about shooting a couple clips and only having one large hole in the bull’s eye :rock:

·
Registered
614 Posts
My circa 1918 Webley 455 for a revolver. My circa 1939 Polish Radom 9MM for a semi-auto. I have many other firearms, those two seem to be my favorite handguns though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Right now mine would be,

1. stainless Colt MK IV Combat Commander .45 ACP

2. stainless Smith and Wesson model 66 .357 magnum

Both are accurate and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My favorite is the last gun I bought,(S&W 945and my next favorite will be the next gun I buy(Sig 220 sport). And then there are the 5 glocks, the 2 kimbers, the 3 rugers, the smiths and all the others. The hardest question for me would be what is my LEAST favorite gun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kahr P9
Sig P229
RRA EC
Ruger SP101

1 - 18 of 18 Posts