1911Forum banner

FBI canted holsters

2899 12
Hi,

For those FBI canted holsters, where are they supposed to be worn? Right at your waistline's 3:00 position, or slightly back at the 4:00 position? I suppose having it farther back will aid concealment and that's why it's angled forward? Thanks.

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by RickB:
WaltherP99, etc. - the greater the angle, the farther around it "should" be worn. I use a Bianchi Avenger most of the time, and with its extreme cant, I wear it at close to 7:45 (lefty). With a straight-drop, I'm right at about 8:45. I saw a guy on Sunday, who was wearing his Bianchi at 3:00 (righty), and couldn't figure out how he could get a quick or secure draw, with the butt of the gun almost proceeding him wherever he went.
Any suggestions where, or which, to look at and consider for a 'FBI-canted' holster to fit the Kimber Ultra Carry? Any idea which model number of the Bianchi would be the proper size. Thanks.

DQ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by RickB:
The Askins Avenger is Model #4L. Kramer makes a similar holster called the Vertical Scabbard. Sparks makes the 55BN. Gallagher Jeffe. All are of the same style, and different interpretations have more or less cant. That Galco is nice, if you like the pancake style.
Thanks to all for the feedback.

DQ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.