1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone feel that FCS are causing excess wear on the inside of their holsters? Do you also feel it slows down drawing you weapon even in the slightest?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep, I have a Les Baer custom carry with the fcs and I don't carry it for that reason. I don't like the fact when I draw it from the holster I get a wad of leather shavings on the front of the slide and the fcs also slows my draw way down. Some people really like them but there just not for me.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
In answer to your questions ... No and No. I have a 5" 1911 with FCS and have carried it in many different leather holsters without damage to the holster, I even use a Hellwig competition holster, which is a leather lined kydex holster and no damage to the leather lining, after 15 years of use. As far as slowing down the draw, I don't think it's an issue. That Hellwig holster is faster than I can use it.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Yep. Sharp little boogers on the front of my new Colt Commander. :(

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
None of my leather holsters or kydex show FCS wear. How would FCS effect a draw... Are they cut backwards? :confused: FCS would effect a reholster more than a draw. Are we talking a few hundredths of a second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts