1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do someshooting this weekend & I've noticed
some good prices on this ammo. Is it good clean dependable
ammo or some more of that dirty stuff, like from Russia; I tried
some of that ammo & it looked like a West Texas sandstorm.
Comments welcome.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm going to do someshooting this weekend & I've noticed
some good prices on this ammo. Is it good clean dependable
ammo or some more of that dirty stuff, like from Russia; I tried
some of that ammo & it looked like a West Texas sandstorm.
Comments welcome.
IMO, Federal is some of the best you can get......and is NOTHING like the Wolf crap.

I have some, but am saving it, as I have not seen it one the shelves for months.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I've shot literally thousands of that brand of ammo through my Beretta 92's and M9's. I got it at a time when it was on a closeout price from a web based seller. I picked up 10 cases of 1000rnds each 9mm 124gr ball at 6 dollars a box. I'm down to 7 cases, and the ammo is just GREAT.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Good stuff! I prefer it over WWB for range ammo but it's usually hard to
find around me and when you do more expensive as far a range ammo
goes. If you found it at a good price, great, go for it:)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Other than my reloads, it would be my preference. In my opinion, it's as good or better than any factory ammo on the market.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Other than my reloads, it would be my preference. In my opinion, it's as good or better than any factory ammo on the market.
I have NEVER heard anyone say a bad word about Federal ammunition.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just ordered 1,000 rounds from ATG a week ago, loose packed in 250rd boxes. I love this stuff. This and WWB is all I shoot for plinkin'. I'll run steel cased Silver Bear through my AR's, not my handguns.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I prefer Federal American Eagle to WWB.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have shot tons of Federal American Eagle Generic white boxes as well as UMC & Winchester USA Generic types. I normaly get one of the 3 and pick by price. Sometimes Acadamy Sprts has 100 value packs for 3-4 less than two 50's
All were good and clean and had nice cases for reloading.
You can save the brass and ofest some of the cost selling it as one fired if you do not load them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Federal American Eagle

I shoot mostly American Eagle ammo because it's one of the cheapest. I bought 3 boxes of 9mm 147gr and only got 1 stove pipe in my Beretta M9. It's fairly reliable and very good quality.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The make it 40 miles from me, and I still have a hard time finding it. Fleet Farm used to have the best price, but it's been over a year since I've seen any on the shelf there.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
American Eagle is top of the line range ammo, imho.

I've had very good luck with it in 9mm and .45acp.

It is much cleaner and has more punch than WWB.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just received a modest shipment from AmmunitionToGO.
Bulk 250, arrived fast and in good condition.
I find it ironic that Federal is manufactured here but I have to buy it over the internet from out of state.
I only buy one box at a time when Fleet Farm has any in stock.
Self imposed limit to insure that there are a few boxes left for others.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Agreed, I find that the American Eagle loads are superior to the WWB stuff... accuracy seems the same for me, but I find that the AE is a much cleaner shooting round than the traditional WWB range loads.

·
Registered
169 Posts
have only put one box of federal american eagle 45 through my bobtail...worked as well as anything else....just fine

1 - 20 of 30 Posts