1911Forum banner

Federal American Eagle ammo

4K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  lew.45 
#1 ·
I'm going to do someshooting this weekend & I've noticed
some good prices on this ammo. Is it good clean dependable
ammo or some more of that dirty stuff, like from Russia; I tried
some of that ammo & it looked like a West Texas sandstorm.
Comments welcome.

#2 · (Edited)
IMO, Federal is some of the best you can get......and is NOTHING like the Wolf crap.

I have some, but am saving it, as I have not seen it one the shelves for months.

#3 ·
I've shot literally thousands of that brand of ammo through my Beretta 92's and M9's. I got it at a time when it was on a closeout price from a web based seller. I picked up 10 cases of 1000rnds each 9mm 124gr ball at 6 dollars a box. I'm down to 7 cases, and the ammo is just GREAT.

#11 ·
I have shot tons of Federal American Eagle Generic white boxes as well as UMC & Winchester USA Generic types. I normaly get one of the 3 and pick by price. Sometimes Acadamy Sprts has 100 value packs for 3-4 less than two 50's
All were good and clean and had nice cases for reloading.
You can save the brass and ofest some of the cost selling it as one fired if you do not load them.

#15 ·
American Eagle is top of the line range ammo, imho.

I've had very good luck with it in 9mm and .45acp.

It is much cleaner and has more punch than WWB.

#17 ·
I just received a modest shipment from AmmunitionToGO.
Bulk 250, arrived fast and in good condition.
I find it ironic that Federal is manufactured here but I have to buy it over the internet from out of state.
I only buy one box at a time when Fleet Farm has any in stock.
Self imposed limit to insure that there are a few boxes left for others.

#18 ·
Agreed, I find that the American Eagle loads are superior to the WWB stuff... accuracy seems the same for me, but I find that the AE is a much cleaner shooting round than the traditional WWB range loads.

#26 ·
Another vote for American eagle. I have been using their .45 ACP for a long time but just bought a brick of .22 LR A/E a short time ago that I haven't tried out yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.