1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the Canadians on this list knows if EFMJ is legal in Canada for civilian use?

And would CFC or my provincial Chief Firearms Officer be the place to check this info?

TIA

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
EFMJ = Expanding Full Metal Jacket. A FMJ bullet that will expand. No hollow point.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well, I don't see that being a problem in Canada. It's not a JHP and that should satisfy the Kremlin, until another Council of Order takes place. You wouldn't be breaking the law, technically.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Initial indications are that they will NOT be imported into Canada. They sound too scary.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shane,

That would explain why I haven't been able to find a Canadian dealer who stocks it.

From your LE point of view... do you think they are illegal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lets get a couple of things straight here,

JHP is not Illegal in Canada, it is Illegal to bring into the country from the USA for a Pistol.

Once JHP is in the country they can sell it to whomever they wish to, Reloading componets to make your own JHP are readily obtainable.

Since it IS illegal in Canada to defend yourself with a Firearm JHP, has little use in the Home Defense Roll (Nobody is saying you can't defend yourself, but you better not use a gun).

You can bring over Pistol Caliber JHP for your Rifles or Carbines, .44 mag for example is easy to bring across and I have done it several times with Garrett Cartridges for my Lever action. Just declared it as Rifle Ammo. (allowed to bring back 5000rnds with you)

------------------
PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh, heres a Web Page of the Shop I bought my last Batch of .45 Auto from http://www.911supply.ca/

When I was down there 4 years ago they had , federal Hydra-shok, whinchester supreme and the black talons as well as PMC JHP ammo.

------------------
PROUD TO BE CANADIAN

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FWIW I finally got around to calling CFC. And they in true bureaucratic fashion, asked me to call another long distance number.

The official answer is that EFMJ has no status in Canada right now. Ferderal has not contacted CFC to ask for exporting approval. Until they do, none can be brought into the country.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Westicle:
...JHP is not Illegal in Canada...
Westicle,

Thanks for clarifying this point.

BTW do you have a phone # for 911supply? Their web site is not quite up to working order yet.

[This message has been edited by n2299 (edited 11-15-2001).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Now that is wierd, the site was up and working 2 weeks ago.

give them a little time and they will have it up and running. Great People to deal with, I bought some bio-shield off them cause I deal with alot of tree planters and seismic crews that spray themselves with bear spray (real genius's) one rolled his quad and punctured his bear scare and got a face full..... bio-shield is the best stuff I have seen.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by n2299:
Shane,

From your LE point of view... do you think they are illegal?

Don't get me goin' on this one!!!! The ENTIRE Canadian firearms code needs to be re-written.

Don't you know that the moment we start loading our mags with HP, is the exact time that all legal Canadian handgun owners will no doubt turn into pyschopathic, serial killing monsters? We can't have that now, can we?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts