1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could go wrong here folks? Judge decided that the Columbus PD were to quick to use an array of non-lethal weapons on protestors. They way I see this, it will embolden peaceful protestors to be NOT SO PEACEFUL next time around, knowing full well that they cannot be stopped by non-lethal weapons and methods.

Marbley also ordered that officers be restrained from using other weapons and tactics such as flash-bang grenades, rubber bullets, body slams or kettling against nonviolent protesters. Officers must ensure that police vehicle cameras and body cameras are in "good working order" when interacting with nonviolent protesters.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
How can a judge dictate or judge procedures and policies for police work?

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
This has gotta be an Obama-appointed judge. Or maybe Clinton era.

Viewed from a different angle, there's a core problem when the words "peaceful protest" are thrown in and repeated by CNN, etc., even though it is a complete lie.

The police must deal with realities, not bald faced lies.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
USMM - Nope; not going to end well. But here’s a more serious problem that we the people need to correct.

Sorry in advance for the long post; but some interesting reads.

As written originally in the Constitution
The 1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Per the White House’s webpage
The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What’s even worse then that is how the 2nd Amendment is “interpreted”.

As written in the Constitution:

Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Per the White House’s webpage:

The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms.

Here’s the link:White House version of the Constitution.

Back to the Judge’s ruling...

So when I “strapped on a 1911A1, spare magazines, Curb-60 (before pepper spray for you youngsters), handcuffs, a radio, bulletproof vest, and a “work” life vest“ the Coast Guard deemed that I had the necessary temperament and judgment to use any and or all available force to compel compliance.

Same thing taught to us at the CBP Officer‘s Basic (12 weeks) Course.

So the 1st Amendment says: the right of the people peaceably to assemble. I’ll support the peaceably to assemble; but if in my judgment as a properly trained and certified LEO when the assembly becomes violent they have given up the right of protection under the 1st Amendment.

I have a good friend; a retired Ohio Highway Patrolman. He and a contingent of LEOS were assigned duty at a demonstration on the OSU Campus. It was peaceful and then it wasn’t. The Patrolman next to my friend was struct in his legs by a cinder block; breaking his femur in several places. Next level attained; tear gas and baton strikes. The media (and this was around 1968=1969] published an article abhorring the level of response by the police to break up the demonstration - citing injuries sustained by the “students” which I suspect were not all registered students; but not a word about the OHP Officer’broken leg. If I remember correctly a lot of LEOS said why don’t you let me throw a cinder block at your head, torso, legs and see if that’s peaceful or not.

So, in my opinion - when (and not if) the demonstration becomes unlawful then an officer should not have to worry some Bill Clinton appointed Federal Judge playing partisan politics (he’s a democrat)

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
This is what happens when someone w/ no life experience and certainly never been in a riot has the authority to make such decisions. She needs to be in the front of the police line during the next "mostly peaceful" demonstration.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Its peaceful until LE declarers its is now violent and unlawful. Break out the tear gas and rubber bullets Still within the Judges order.

CD
I have a feeling there is little that the rioters could do that this judge would say requires police use of force. No matter what the cops do, they risk having their lives turned upside down when the DOJ sends in their legal goon squad to "investigate civil rights violations". A federal judge is all powerful in this sick disgusting system they have created. Look what they did to the January 6 DC protestors who did nothing compared to the real BLM rioters. These corrupt Leftist judges along with the DOJ will destroy our cities just like they destroyed our schools and everything else they have gotten involved with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
One thing is certain. This will not end well.
Actually it is going well for the bad guys in Columbus. Columbus has set a new record for homicides this year. Columbus Police are afraid to arrest anyone for fear of being charged for using excessive force. The wonderful mayor of Columbus spent a couple hundred thousand dollars to have the CPD investigated by an outside company and it found the police were not doing anything wrong. Now he is still not satisfied he wants the DOJ to come in and investigate the CPD for wrong doing. The mayor is a total liberal piece of crap.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
As written in the Constitution:

Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Per the White House’s webpage:

The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms.

Here’s the link:White House version of the Constitution.
Most of those people composing the linked site may not be smart enough to know that they are lying. Not much excuse in my book, when they write in complete contradiction to what they are “explaining”.

Smart enough or not, the explanation is what they want to be true because if the government gives, the government can stop giving / take away.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
To paraphrase Andrew Jackson, "The judge has made his decision, now let's see him enforce it."

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Remember, the difference between God and a federal judge is, God knows he's not a federal judge.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Another one of these judges legislating from the bench who thinks the world revolves around him, like the one in LA who ordered the city to properly house everyone on skid row.
He's my neighbor, David O. Carter or Doc as we bailiffs called him. He's a hard working and consciences judge who happens to be an former Marine. The city set aside 1 billion in tax payers money to fund this project but has been sitting on the money for over a year.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts