1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
He's my neighbor, David O. Carter or Doc as we bailiffs called him. He's a hard working and consciences judge who happens to be an former Marine. The city set aside 1 billion in tax payers money to fund this project but has been sitting on the money for over a year.
The federal judge who issued the order limiting the Columbus PD is Algenon Marbley.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
One of the major problems in the US is the oversupply of lawyers. Lawyers have this bad habit of becoming politicians, judges, or educators of new lawyers.

This country is not ruled by some person in black robes. We're a Republic, not a kritarchy.

A good start would be several rounds of decimation, look up the word if you're confused. Once we've removed around 80% of the current judges we can sit down and determine how many we really need.

Next would be to close all but one or two law schools.

Next I would require that all laws be written at the grade level of the average high school graduate, currently between a 6th and 7th grade level.

The simpler the laws are written, the easier they are to understand.

·
Registered
13,561 Posts
I think the cops should
go to the courthouse with M60's and SAW's. Maybe a few Halftracks or Strykers with flame throwers on turrets.

Then say "hey Judge, without any Non Lethal options, this is how we gotta respond to the next protest: FULL LETHAL"

Then see if he/she rethinks their order.

·
Registered
24,361 Posts
I think the cops should
go to the courthouse with M60's and SAW's. Maybe a few Halftracks or Strykers with flame throwers on turrets.

Then say "hey Judge, without any Non Lethal options, this is how we gotta respond to the next protest: FULL LETHAL"

It might get interesting out your way soon as well Mag man. Might want to reevaluate that antique arsenal of yours.
But at least the prisons will be safer.

California releasing 63,000 violent felons back onto the streets in effort to create 'safer prisons' (msn.com)

·
Registered
874 Posts
He's my neighbor, David O. Carter or Doc as we bailiffs called him. He's a hard working and consciences judge who happens to be an former Marine. The city set aside 1 billion in tax payers money to fund this project but has been sitting on the money for over a year.
I'm not grasping how prior active duty justifies the God died and left me in charge attitude that your conscientious neighbor displays in ordering the myriad of addicts and layabouts to be given housing within 180 days.
thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/549428-judge-orders-la-to-offer-housing-to-homeless-people-by-october
Of course if the people in that area really are dimwitted enough to believe that giving away freebies to bums will result in having fewer of them in the area than I suppose they deserve what they voted for.

I do find it perplexing that he failed to address the carless state of most of the homeless in his in 110 page manifesto. Because in addition to a quiet relaxing place to shoot up, drink etc they could likely benefit from having a car, hybrid preferably, and a $100 gas card to take a weekend trip to the mountains or Lake Elsinore.

·
Registered
24,361 Posts
Well the good news is that the government subsidizes 34 % of household income here in the States now. So that frees up a lot of people who might normally have to work for a living to demonstrate for more handouts, and loot a little bit on the side. Just sayin!

·
Premium Member
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think the cops should

I was thinking along similar lines. The judged banned the use of those specific non-lethal weapons but said nothing about lethal weapons like firearms. So if the cops can't quell a rising disturbance with normal riot type tools available to them and it becomes arson, looting, beating of civilians by thugs and a true deadly riot with life and property being lost... does that mean they go straight to lethal force?

The theory of non-lethal or rather "less-than-lethal" force is that you contain a disturbance before it rises to the level of true anarchy and to prevent loss of life and property... even if a few bones are broken and a few bruises handed out.

Removing that "less-than-lethal" option to prevent a protest from crossing the threshold of peaceful to violent is almost guaranteed to have a bad outcome. Once Antifa and BLM find out that Columbus Ohio is a free-for-all place to riot will only invite anarchy like in Seattle.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
This is what the article says: “
A federal judge on Friday prohibited police in Columbus, Ohio, from using force against nonviolent protesters.

In an 88-page opinion obtained by the local NBC station, Chief Judge Algenon L. Marbley of the Southern District of Ohio described the officers' use of physical violence, tear gas and pepper spray as “the sad tale of officers, clothed with the awesome power of the state, run amok.”

Marbley also ordered that officers be restrained from using other weapons and tactics such as flash-bang grenades, rubber bullets, body slams or kettling against nonviolent protesters. Officers must ensure that police vehicle cameras and body cameras are in "good working order" when interacting with nonviolent protesters.”

Notice the judge said “non-violent protestors”. So as far as I can see that doesn’t restrict the use of all levels of less then lethal force or if absolutely necessary, deadly force against violent protestors. Hey Sarge: ”They just threw a Molotov Cocktail at the patrol car and got it on camera.” Then the Sarge replies: “That’s deadly force; follow your judgment as you apply the use of force continuum.”

Although the Constitution protects “Peaceful Protests” it does not protect violent protestors. Some federal judge in Cincinnati doesn’t define the difference between peaceful or violent protestors; that‘s up to the local police to decide. Sounds like an easy solution; ”Your Honor, the crowd became violent so we used the force necessary to stop them.”

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I'm not grasping how prior active duty justifies the God died and left me in charge attitude that your conscientious neighbor displays in ordering the myriad of addicts and layabouts to be given housing within 180 days.
thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/549428-judge-orders-la-to-offer-housing-to-homeless-people-by-october
Of course if the people in that area really are dimwitted enough to believe that giving away freebies to bums will result in having fewer of them in the area than I suppose they deserve what they voted for.

I do find it perplexing that he failed to address the carless state of most of the homeless in his in 110 page manifesto. Because in addition to a quiet relaxing place to shoot up, drink etc they could likely benefit from having a car, hybrid preferably, and a $100 gas card to take a weekend trip to the mountains or Lake Elsinore.
The money is there and he is the judge, not you.

·
Premium Member
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
This is what the article says: “
A federal judge on Friday prohibited police in Columbus, Ohio, from using force against nonviolent protesters.

In an 88-page opinion obtained by the local NBC station, Chief Judge Algenon L. Marbley of the Southern District of Ohio described the officers' use of physical violence, tear gas and pepper spray as “the sad tale of officers, clothed with the awesome power of the state, run amok.”

Marbley also ordered that officers be restrained from using other weapons and tactics such as flash-bang grenades, rubber bullets, body slams or kettling against nonviolent protesters. Officers must ensure that police vehicle cameras and body cameras are in "good working order" when interacting with nonviolent protesters.”

Notice the judge said “non-violent protestors”. So as far as I can see that doesn’t restrict the use of all levels of less then lethal force or if absolutely necessary, deadly force against violent protestors. Hey Sarge: ”They just threw a Molotov Cocktail at the patrol car and got it on camera.” Then the Sarge replies: “That’s deadly force; follow your judgment as you apply the use of force continuum.”

Although the Constitution protects “Peaceful Protests” it does not protect violent protestors. Some federal judge in Cincinnati doesn’t define the difference between peaceful or violent protestors; that‘s up to the local police to decide. Sounds like an easy solution; ”Your Honor, the crowd became violent so we used the force necessary to stop them.”
But that is the $64,000 question, where is the 'threshold' defined between peaceful protest and non-peaceful protest. What will happen if you have a group of people marching 'peacefully' (and I say that tongue in cheek) in a downtown area, and they decide to block traffic, disrupt orderly commerce and intimidate people... and that crowd keeps growing with people being called in to join via social media. Then the police come along and ask the group to disperse... repeatedly with megaphones and they refuse. The protestors know that the cops can't lay a hand on them, that situation could easily turn violent at a moments notice. At that point perhaps the use of tear gas and rubber bullets may be used once the Molotov cocktails start flying, swinging pipes, and melee's break out. But the whole idea of crowd control is to prevent an unlawful assembly from erupting to a breaking point. There is a loss of a tactical advantage to prevent an angry large crowd from coalescing into a mob rule mentality that it would take an army to break it up. The advantage to the use of tear gas is to enforce a police order on a megaphone to disperse the crowd before it becomes completely unmanageable.

In Florida, the state legislature and the governor have enacted legislation into law that prohibits certain types of protests such as blocking highways and intimidating motorist or people.

The majority of the bills use almost identical language and suggest similar penalties, most of them establishing third-degree felonies for property damage, injuring a person or obstructing roadways; second-degree felonies for destroying or toppling monuments; and first-degree misdemeanors of harassment for confrontations in public spaces, such as confronting elected officials in restaurants. The legislators also propose hefty fines and mandatory jail sentences from 30 days to four years depending on the offense.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Hey it's all good. Those homeless deserve to have working people provide them free food, clothing, housing, drugs of their choice and what ever else they want. (y)
Actually, I agree with your earlier statements. It's just that the city has the money set aside so, make them use it. And when the bums refuse to use the facilities, put those facilities to good use like a new police or fire station.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Apparently "shall not infringe", is a tad bit too concise for the liberals agenda.
Most of those people composing the linked site may not be smart enough to know that they are lying. Not much excuse in my book, when they write in complete contradiction to what they are “explaining”.

Smart enough or not, the explanation is what they want to be true because if the government gives, the government can stop giving / take away.

·
Administrator
74,006 Posts
What’s even worse then that is how the 2nd Amendment is “interpreted”.

As written in the Constitution:

Second Amendment
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Per the White House’s webpage:

The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms.

Here’s the link:White House version of the Constitution.
In other words, as long as we can still own a double-barreled shotgun loaded with rocksalt and bolted down to the floor inside our homes our Second Amendment rights have not been infringed.

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
Just wondering...do the exact words "peaceful protest" appear anywhere in the U.S. Constitution?

I think I probably know the answer. And I think there's a reason, one that was understood by the Founding Fathers...and by most of our Forum's members.

Another phrase that comes to mind is "Leftist/Dem Dog Whistle".

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
We should just stop jerking around. Have the police simply stand down. Let the inmates have the asylum for awhile. Oh sure...we'll lose some people and a half dozen Subways or so...but we'll get this crap sorted out once and for all. The police shouldn't reengage until the public and politicians are BEGGING for them. My bet is that it will take 72 hours tops.

Honestly, what other option is there at this point? I'm all ears if someone has another suggestion.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts