1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
24,361 Posts
We should just stop jerking around. Have the police simply stand down. Let the inmates have the asylum for awhile. Oh sure...we'll lose some people and a half dozen Subways or so...but we'll get this crap sorted out once and for all. The police shouldn't reengage until the public and politicians are BEGGING for them. My bet is that it will take 72 hours tops.

Honestly, what other option is there at this point? I'm all ears if someone has another suggestion.
This gets my vote!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Just wondering...do the exact words "peaceful protest" appear anywhere in the U.S. Constitution?
I think this, the 1st Amendment, is about as close to the answer to your question Mum.

As written originally in the Constitution:

The 1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Here’s what Merrian-Webster says about peaceably:
Definition of peaceable

1a: disposed to peace : not contentious or quarrelsome
b: quietly behaved
2: free from strife or disorder

It’s antonyms include:
If I were the Police Officer facing a peaceful assembly and they started acting like those antonyms (and more then a few others) I’d say that under the federal judge’s mandate, that the peaceful demonstration is no more and the use of necessary force was back in play. At a minimum as a LEO I was allowed to use force, including deadly force, to prevent severe bodily harm or death to another (or myself): and in some rare situations to protect certain items.

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
^^^

Indeed. +1911.

No mention of "peaceful protest", a term that, in practical reality, certainly with leftists, virtually contradicts itself. When the leftists' protests begins with banners and signs bearing words of extreme animosity and false allegations, it's not going to morph into anything "peaceful". E.g., "burn it down" isn't leading towards anything"peaceful".

Reactions: HT77

·
Registered
24,361 Posts
^^^

Indeed. +1911.

No mention of "peaceful protest", a term that, in practical reality, certainly with leftists, virtually contradicts itself. When the leftists' protests begins with banners and signs bearing words of extreme animosity and false allegations, it's not going to morph into anything "peaceful". E.g., "burn it down" isn't leading towards anything"peaceful".
At a certain point the substance abuse coupled with genetic deterioration, coupled with spoon fed rhetoric, and overall ignorance in general. You will see a predictable outcome. And substance abuse is not entirely encompassed by drugs alone. Various widely distributed products billing themselves as food products are really detrimental to health in general. My wife and I are really careful about what we consume. We actually produce the balance of what we eat. But look around you at the people that you see waddling about you. These people are seriously sick for a lot of reasons. But they are confidant that future government hand outs will see them through any adversity that they might face going forward. Good luck with that!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
I have a feeling there is little that the rioters could do that this judge would say requires police use of force. No matter what the cops do, they risk having their lives turned upside down when the DOJ sends in their legal goon squad to "investigate civil rights violations". A federal judge is all powerful in this sick disgusting system they have created. Look what they did to the January 6 DC protestors who did nothing compared to the real BLM rioters. These corrupt Leftist judges along with the DOJ will destroy our cities just like they destroyed our schools and everything else they have gotten involved with.
Don't forget, they did kind of "stormed the capital" and "disrupt congress" when trying to confirm a SC justice. Oh wait, was that the right that did that?

Hmmm. Sounds like a two tiered justice system to me.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I wonder what this federal judge, who wants to protect looters and arsonists from "police brutality" had to say about Ashli Babbitt being shot and killed for climbing through a broken window?

·
Registered
665 Posts
She was killed for forcibly invading a barricaded space where the Vice President of the United States and other elected officials had taken refuge from an unruly mob.
Perhaps the security officers knew their history of what happened in the Capitol in 1950.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
She was killed for forcibly invading a barricaded space where the Vice President of the United States and other elected officials had taken refuge from an unruly mob.
Perhaps the security officers knew their history of what happened in the Capitol in 1950.
They had already been removed. There were other police officers near her in the area that could have forcibly stopped her if it was that critical. They never laid a hand on her. There was no indication she was armed either. This was a murder with absolutely zero need for deadly force. The fact they still won't even name the shooter is a total white wash and cover up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I’ll wait for all the facts to be checked after the ensuing investigations.
I regard this mob taking over the US Capitol the same as the antifa taking over government buildings in Portland, and the bussed-in leftist union people invading the Wisconsin state capitol 10 years ago.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I regard this mob taking over the US Capitol the same as the antifa taking over government buildings in Portland, and the bussed-in leftist union people invading the Wisconsin state capitol 10 years ago.
ScoPro - with one exception - the DOJ, State AGs, and local authorities have done nothing to those rioters who have been terrorizing (mainly) Pacific Northwest Cities and Major Democratic Run cities across the nation. Sadly, but in my opinion the group of DC Demonstrators that crossed the line and became not peaceable gave up their 1st Amendment rights. AND it was just a small fraction of people who did it.

why didn’t the Trump Administration take a more pro-active role enforcing law the it did?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
What investigations? They have already said he acted properly in a totally secret fake investigation where we don't even know who he was or why he shot her. That is how they handle situations like that in totalitarian countries. Comparing the riots, looting and arson and attacks on police by BLM and antifa to the DC rucus is ludicrous.

·
Premium Member
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
What investigations? They have already said he acted properly in a totally secret fake investigation where we don't even know who he was or why he shot her. That is how they handle situations like that in totalitarian countries. Comparing the riots, looting and arson and attacks on police by BLM and antifa to the DC rucus is ludicrous.
Here is an article on that. Apparently the Capitol Police are not required to disclose the identity of the police who fire the shot.

While D.C. police are required by law to release the names of officers involved in deaths or serious uses of force within five days of the incident, the Capitol Police force is not—and has often chosen to withhold that information in previous cases.
I read also (several years ago) that in the UK, the authorities do not have any duty to disclose the identity of police involved in any shooting if an inquest finds that it was a legal shooting. If the inquest reveals that the shooting was unjustified, then the police officer's name is publicly released. Their metropolitan police departments and constabulary have zero transparency. Zero.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Here is an article on that. Apparently the Capitol Police are not required to disclose the identity of the police who fire the shot.

I read also (several years ago) that in the UK, the authorities do not have any duty to disclose the identity of police involved in any shooting if an inquest finds that it was a legal shooting. If the inquest reveals that the shooting was unjustified, then the police officer's name is publicly released. Their metropolitan police departments and constabulary have zero transparency. Zero.
I guarantee if the victim was BLM not only would the shooter be known, he would most likely be charged.

·
Registered
13,561 Posts
L84CABO brought up something I've thought about before. A nationwide Police Strike until the needle shifts more to Pro Law Enforcement.. A few days of Anarchy / The Purge should make folks understand the value of Police. They can weigh the hundreds of thousands victimized in 72 hours against the upside of " No Police Harassment" for 3 days.

Maybe THEN they will grasp how the balance works.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
L84CABO brought up something I've thought about before. A nationwide Police Strike until the needle shifts more to Pro Law Enforcement.. A few days of Anarchy / The Purge should make folks understand the value of Police. They can weigh the hundreds of thousands victimized in 72 hours against the upside of " No Police Harassment" for 3 days.

Maybe THEN they will grasp how the balance works.
That is just what the commies running the Biden Administration want. They would love to have an excuse to have federal control of all law enforcement and eliminate local police.

·
Registered
816 Posts
That is just what the commies running the Biden Administration want. They would love to have an excuse to have federal control of all law enforcement and eliminate local police.
Duh, they already are doing this! What do you think all these DOJ "consent decrees" have been all about with local cops every time one of them kills a black criminal? May as well get it done now. That way we know who the enemy is.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Duh, they already are doing this! What do you think all these DOJ "consent decrees" have been all about with local cops every time one of them kills a black criminal? May as well get it done now. That way we know who the enemy is.
Yup. The consent decrees were to make police ineffective and turn the cities over to the criminal element. That was the real start of what they are doing. Now we have commie federal judges handcuffing police too. They want to have a federal police force that will do to us what they did to Ashli Babbit where we are murdered and the murderer is never revealed and no one cares.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yup. The consent decrees were to make police ineffective and turn the cities over to the criminal element. That was the real start of what they are doing. Now we have commie federal judges handcuffing police too. They want to have a federal police force that will do to us what they did to Ashli Babbit where we are murdered and the murderer is never revealed and no one cares.
Yes, but unlike Ashli Babbit, we're armed are ready to use them. Remember, that's what the God-given right, reasserted in the Second Amendment, is all about. Protection against a oppressive government. The Founding Fathers knew that all too well, since they had just done it.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts