1911Forum banner

Feed Problem with Champion Solved

1393 4
Well it took me a while but I got to the bottom of my feeding problem with my Champion. I posted here before that my Champion was having feed problems, the slide seemed to not recoil back enough to strip the next round from the magazine. The spent cartridge would eject, but the slide would hang up. I tried everything, switched magazine brands and still the problem. Would not happen all of the time, but enough to really aggrivate me.

I tried to think of what I done and it finally dawned on me. I installed a FLGR, famous name, had to modify the length to fit a 3.9" barrel Champion. Went to the range and ran 250 rounds without a FTF. Before I removed it, 4 to 6 FTF every 50 rounds.

Seems the FLGR was binding up the slide, some how or another. I don't want to start a Pro/Con FLGR issue, but I wanted to post what I found and my correction, I am a fan of FLGR's, but will need to research more for the Champion.

Thanks,

77Bronc
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
...Way ta' go!
I have to tell ya' my fix was exactly the "opposite" from yers'...I had a FLGR installed and buffed it up, added an extractor, ejector, and new springs and mine works fine again...Weird huh...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

· Registered
30 Posts
Help I am having the same FTF problem but I do not know what a FLGR is. I have changed mags, and this seems to help, but not on a regular basis. Also who makes "the best" ejector as this is probally the next step for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.