1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Caspian area..but at someone's suggestion I am posting it here as well :)

I recently purchased a Caspian race ready double stack frame and slide combo. I would like to build it up, however, being a newbie at this, I do not know how to tell what sort of barrel I need, other than the breechface is 38 sup/9mm--should add that I found it at a flea market, I didn't order it from the factory that way.
How do I discern what feed ramp config I need to order the barrel in? How do these feed ramps compare to each other? I would like to put a barsto barrel in this gun, probably 9mm (due to availability of ammo/components). I called Caspian to see if they could tell me, but I wasn't sure I understood what to look at when I was asked about characteristics of the frame, the sales person said that it was probably a clark/para ramp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
A Clark/Para has a rounded cut on the frame where the back of the barrel would rest on the frame. The Wilson/Nowlin has a squared cut. ' hope this help!
For barrels, I recommend Kart's. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts