1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I just modified this rear Novak tonite. It is just cold-blued. For some reason, I just plain don't like it.
I would appreciate any feedback.

The fiber optic rod I got from Brazos Custom. On a cloudy day, with a large diffuse light source, you'd swear there was electricity involved. Brazos fiber optic rod is the most intense I've seen.

------------------
Chuck Rogers
Rogers Precision

GOOD-CHEAP-FAST
Pick any two.

[

[This message has been edited by pistolwrench (edited 07-25-2001).]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Pistolwrench -

I like it!!! Wanna do it to mine? I would however reshape(taper)the outer edges of the base on the front sight so it matches the curve of the slide. The front sight looks like it is made for a flat top.

JMHO,
MadDog

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, I really like the concept, but if I had to guess at what you dont like, it would be the very thin holes recieving the front part of the fiber. It makes the site look fragile. Also, and this could just be the picture, it looks like there is a difference in distance from the fiber to the notch between left and right. The left looks farther away from the notch. Anyway, change the "beefyness" a bit and I would definatly want one. Thanks for asking.
Shane

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
it looks mean, but I think it makes for a busy, and under stress a little confusing, sight picture. I run a fiber optic front, with a plain black rear blade, and am considering going with a thin plain front blade.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Too "busy"...plain rear Fibre front...and Yes on the Brazos being the brightest fibre.
Damndest thing you ever saw. Even in the dead dark, if there's a light source around, it'll pick it up. Try it in front of the TV and your favorite action flick...I highly recommend the fibre for guys with 40YO eyes...sure helped mine...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pistolsmith

I am not a huge fan of the Novaks because I think the sight picture is a little too busy with the multiplaned rear surface. That said I reallylike this one it looks good and highly functional. It looks a bit unusual from the top but the site picture looks clean. In my opinion the skeletonized front sites used to hold fiber optics look a little strange too. But they both look highly functional. By the way a regular Novak with the rear portion flattened out like you have done on this one would be really nice.

[This message has been edited by chris in mo (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Pistolsmith....I think I like it...could you try to take a picture with the sites lined up?

gyp_c...unfortunatly...I understand the over 40 year old eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts