1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just built a 6" caspian, kart barrel, for uspsa competition. i've been using wilson mags. been reloading exclusively 230 gr. LRN, and the thing works flawlessly, except for self-induced problems. just tried some 185 gr. jacketed hollow points, truncated cones, and at first they seemed to work fine. of course, not today in the 2nd stage of the match....... also trying some 185 gr. LWC's, and they seemed to work fine, but now i've got a few failure to feeds with them too. both hang up right before the slide is totally closed, too much angle going in the chamber and seemed to be locked in the extractor(external wilson model). they're in the chamber, just locked up. i really don't know why i'm messin' with them, when the 230 gr. bullet works perfect, but i guess enquiring minds just wanna know..........i've done alot of reading, and learned alot from this forum, but i haven't really seen anything addressing just what you gotta do to diagnose feeding problems. seems to me that the round nose ball stuff just gets loaded longer, and is in a better position when the mag lips release the round, but then i thought those bullets were working pretty good, too.........maybe one of you good gunsmiths could help me out with some answers? i'm not about to get out the dremel, cause' it works really good now with round noses, just curious what it takes to make the other style bullets function.:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts