1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber Custom II - it has been flawless for about 5,000 rounds, mostly 200g SWC.

I recently installed a Wilson Bullet Proof Extractor and an Ed Brown Hardcore slide stop.

Now I experienced a failure to feed frequency of about once every 24 rounds.

I'm using Wilson 47D mags - they've always worked.

At the range today I released the slide slowly on a full mag and noticed that the round did not pop up fully on the breech face and would not feed since it was trying to enter the chamber at a sharp angle.

When I examined the extractor hood area with a lens it did not look like the pictures in Kuhnhausen's books. I then made the relief cuts as described by Kuhnhausen and polished. The rounds now pop up fully and enter the chamber in a line straight with the bore but I haven't test fired it yet.

The breech face is not rough.

My question: Could the slide stop cause the problem I described or is it likely that I remedied the problem.
I'm not sure when I'll get to the range before snow falls so I would like to address any other remedy if I can.

Thanks in advance, Art

·
Registered
378 Posts
As long as the rounds aren't hitting the slide stop it can't really cause a problem. The failure of the rim to go up under the extractor definitely sounds like an extractor problem, so you probably have it licked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts