1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a new replacement magazine from FEG for my Hi Power clone. Took it to the range and while the feeding problem is gone, after 2 shots the trigger would not engage the hammer and the pull felt really gritty.

I cleared the magazine and all the rounds. I put in an empty Browning magazine and tried to get the hammer to drop. No go. I then manually pulled back on the hammer and pulled the trigger and the hammer fell. I tried the FEG magazine gain with the same results. Cleared the problem, loaded up a Browning HP magazine and the gun performs perfectly.

Other than the obvious fact that I should probably just buy some BRowning mags and not the FEG mags, anybody know what might be causing this? Should I send the who gun and mag back to FEG? Or is it just a magazine problem and nothing to worry about?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Could be the mag safety , could be the trigger transfer peice , ( the one attached to the trigger that gos up and engages the transfer bar that leads back to the sear) I had one that was obviously to short , sometimes it would no go off . Got one for a Browning and it worked fine from that point on . You could also contact KBI they will make it right and I think they are really trying to gain back the peoples trust from years ago . If you do get a new trigger peice go ahead and get a Browning trigger return spring while your at it , Trust me you will now why soon enough , they are weak from FEG about twice the strength from Browning .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts