1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to pick up one of these (unfortunately I don't have the funds to get both) and I'm torn between which to get. The CD seems to have a nicer finish and better sights, but is about $70 more. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
If it were me, I would go with the FEG. If it is the PJK-9HP, and especially if it's an older one. They are basically the same gun but the FEG does not have the CD billboard on the slide.:) That is just me though. If the sights and grips are worth the extra money then.....:rock:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Do you know that CDNN sells the original FN Hi Power for $400 ? That is the exact same gun as a Browning , made on the same line. WHATEVER you are getting the CD or the Feg for , the FN would be worth the few extra dollars if it is any more. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/index.html Many members here have bought them and reports are excellent...Tom

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I wound up getting neither. I stopped in at one of my usual haunts and they had a good deal on an FN Hi-power and I couldn't pass it up. It was a little more than the CDNN ones but there was no wait and I got to handle it before I bought.

I'll try to post a picture soon.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
marshallartist said:
Thanks for the input guys. I wound up getting neither. I stopped in at one of my usual haunts and they had a good deal on an FN Hi-power and I couldn't pass it up. It was a little more than the CDNN ones but there was no wait and I got to handle it before I bought.

You'll be happy with your decision. I owned my PJK-9HP before my Brownings, good pistol for the money, great shooter, but it doesn't have the fit or finish of my BHPs.

·
Registered
296 Posts
marshallartist said:

Congrats! I know you won't regret it, been in the same situation you're in last year, could'nt make up my mind (FEG or Browning). I could've got the FEG brand new but I waited a bit longer and lo behold a LNIB drop out of nowhere:biglaugh:

So now, I think you've already know the rest of story.

Regards

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've had a FEG for a couple of years now. Did have to change the exstractor spring to cycle all types of rounds. Removed the mag safety, trigger job and put smooth grips on it. Very nice gun for the price. Think I got it for $260.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.