1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought one of these, it seems to be a pretty close copy of a Walther PP, except the grip is shaped a little different. Does anyone know if leather for Walther PP will fit this gun?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I had one and I traded it away. It was totally reliable and had only two faults. It had a very heavy double action trigger pull and the magazine lips used to cut my thumbs when I loaded them. I reckon a trigger job and beveling of the magazine lip edges would have made it a very good carry gun at a great price. I do not know what the life expectancy of the FEG PA 63 is. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had one for a couple of years in 9x18 mak. I have not checked personnally but have seen some things posted in other areas, that some holsters will work.
One thing about this gun. I like this gun for carry because it is very lightweight and easy to conceal, however the gun kicks worse than my 1911 and a .357mag revolver. After 4 mags the web of my hand starts to hurt.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I agree with Richard..have same model in .32 auto...hard double action and loading is sort of a pain...HOWEVER, good carry piece...I believe most PPK-type holsters would work...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Richard said:
I had one and I traded it away. It was totally reliable and had only two faults. It had a very heavy double action trigger pull and the magazine lips used to cut my thumbs when I loaded them. I reckon a trigger job and beveling of the magazine lip edges would have made it a very good carry gun at a great price. I do not know what the life expectancy of the FEG PA 63 is. Regards, Richard:D
From what I know, there is not much anybody can do about the PPK's and clones' heavy trigger pull. I believe it is a necessary evil to make sure that it will go bang everytime. Otherwise, you will have a very good paperweight.

My dad has a FEG PPK/s clone. He already fired 8000 rounds through it with both FMJ and hollowpoints. Never had a single malfunction. But despite the heavy trigger pull, the trigger action is buttery smooth after 2000 rounds. It is 100% stock up to now and no sign yet that any part of it is going to break. He loads it with Rem GS 102 grains. He trusts this gun with his life everyday. In fact, I got tired of convincing him to carry his equally reliable Taurus 9mm coz he just wouldn't listen.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes the trigger pull will have to be heavy, but if you get it very smooth, it doesnt seem so bad. I personaly dont mind a heavy trigger pull as long as its consistant and smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts