1911Forum banner

Fell in love with the TRP

1025 10
I just got back from the local gun show.. I spotted a TRP at one of the tables and decided to investigate. I think I'm in love. The gun was fitted pretty tightly. It looked flawless. The TRP is definitely on my list. I was eyeballing a Kimber Warrior but the TRP is currently on top. The only thing I don't like is the checkering. It's too rough. I wish it was at least 30lpi.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
45 Posts
Checkering

I'm not so sure what people get worked up about on the checkering. I have never had a gun with real checkering on it until I got my TRP. I just got it and went to the range with it once, spent about an hour there, and had no problems at all with the checkering. I don't consider myself having rough hands. I was concerned about some of the complaints I was hearing about the checkering on the TRP. I am glad I didn't listen. It is a joy to shoot that thing. You will love it.

· Registered
670 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
IMHO, that weapon is awsome, its a real tank. The only thing I changed on mine was the grips. If you like em, trade them out for the same type but made by Ergo (made better). Mine currently wears a pair of VZ Grips.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
I thought the checkeringw as extreme too, when I got mine 2 weeks ago. My hand was a little sore after the first time I shot it. I then got some snap caps and dry fired it for a few days. Next time I went to the range, the checkering didn't bother me at all. I have shot it 3 times now - I actually prefer the sharp checkering now, and I do not think I would like the 30 lpi checkering of KImber now. U will grow to love it. Do not let that stop U.

· Registered
22 Posts
The aggressive checkering is what initially attracted me to the TRP. I love it, it feels better in my hand than any 1911 I have gripped. In fact, I never had much regard for checkering until I held a TRP, now everything else feels like it is missing something. Give it a chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.