1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on the advantages and/or disadvantages of each?
Do they both make sights to fit in a Wilson dovetail ?

Thanks,
Neal

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I have a Dawson .090" and am very happy with it.

Sorry I didn't address the two vendors you mentioned....nor can I answer the question about your WC slide.

·
Registered
262 Posts
don't know about Brazos. Betwen dawsons, caspians, and egw, I'd go with the dawson. They are the only one w/a front sight narrower then .125", which I have had several people with Bo Mars ask for (people looking for a little more light on either side of the front sight w/out having to take a file or stone to the rear notch).

Jared

·
Registered
276 Posts
i used a egw, took a small drill bit and drilled the actual hole the fiber optik goes threw , drilled it all the way to the other end of the sight. this way no super glue is required when fastening a new fiber optic stick. it works good. all personal preference.

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
We offer many different styles in 0.125, 0.100, and 0.090 wide. The fiber on our sights is longer than most everyone else's sight on the market hence brighter. The Microdot model is also unique in that you are looking through a post with a hole in it to see a fiber optic dot, this gives a nice crisp sight picture to focus on the blade or the dot whichever works best under the circumstances. I believe the wilson dovetail is 0.290x0.060x60 degrees. We offer several models in the STI/Heinie dovetail cut 0.300x0.060x60degrees which should work for the Wilson cut, it will take some work with a file or preferably a mill.

·
Registered
282 Posts
amen to brazos custom microdot I love the sight picture and I had almost tried all of the fiber optics out there.
0.090 for my competition svi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts