1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my CD 1911, the guide-rod won't compress to allow the bushung to rotate..
It is absolutley J_A_M_M_E_D...Won't budge an inch...
The collet around it that retains the recoil spring is mobile,
but the slide itself is binding so bad, it will stick 1/2 way open when I flick the slide-lock to close it...

The problem is, I have no way to strip the pistol to troubleshoot with the rod locked up like this...

Anyone out there have any ideas??

[This message has been edited by HOSS (edited 06-18-2001).]

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry so late to reply, sounds like the rod has shifted forward and is binding everything up, but this doesn`t seem possible with the spring still in place.. I would take a hammer and tap at the protruding tip of the rod and see if i could get it seat all the way back where its suppose to be.. As Robb said, Try to move the slide back to the dissasembly notch, push the slide stop out, and pull the slide off the frame with the bushing still in place, just like you do a glock or usp.. -Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

[This message has been edited by Citizen_Gilmore (edited 06-23-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by Bob C:
This explains in part why I don't have a full length guide rod in any of my 1911's.

This is not a FLGR problem Bob - did you notice the brand of 1911?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Take the stocks off...put in a vise...try to pull the slide back far enough to get to the notch and push the pin out...You may have to wrap it and tap with a hammer, don't just start beating the crap out of yer' pistol now and say look what that idiot told me to do...!
Just use it enough to get it OFF...this time, don't put it back together, send the whole damn thing back to the factory...Or just do that anyway and forget all this BS,....geez...If that was mine, I'd have taken it back personally by now! Or back to who I bought it from is more likely...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Originally posted by shane45-1911:

This is not a FLGR problem Bob - did you notice the brand of 1911?
shane a buddy of mine hade a 1911 do the same thing and it turn out not to have been properly reassembled, im not sure wich 1911 he used , i think it was a mexico or some canadian junker. but than again who really knows, a certain fire arm unless they have personal exsperiences with it.i just recently sold a kimber, i hade bad results with the one i hade, but than so have others. oh by the way i also have used a cd as a base gun, and its a beaut, and dependable accurate as any i have ever used or seen or read about. the gun is only good as the one who handles it

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 06-23-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
James, I agree. I simply wanted to point out that maybe we should consider the gun itself is defective, before we blame any accessories within that product.

Charles Daly doesn't have a great reputation around here lately, and the one I owned was a POS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The spring jumped the rod and bound to the frame-

Thanks to Citizen Gilmore for the tip...Works great--

About Daly being a POS??
I paid $150.00 for the gun-
Works damn well for a $150.00 gun.
If anyone else had a functionial Daly for sale for $150.00, let me know.

·
Registered
233 Posts
well hoss im glade to hear you resolved you cd problem
$150.00 lucky you
i read alot of topics and i read on other 1911 topics as well. i noticed that walkingpoint got a lemon cd, and charles daly replaced it for free. not to mention he got a efs instead of ther older fs modle. he won two gunshoots with it so far and is exstremly pleased with his cd 1911. i have also noticed that other 1911's have ther share of lemons as well. quaility control isnt what it should be. but the companys seem to stand behind ther products. well hoss happy shooting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts