1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my SR1911 out to the range after adjusting the extractor again. I had been having a failure to feed issue ever since I got it, even after the break in period. I started off by running the factory mags through it and then moved on to my CMC and WC mags. Once I got through those, I even tried a Kimber mag that would jam on the first round on previous outings. To my surprise, not a single hiccup. Ate through 100-150 rounds without having to stop because of a malfunction every other mag. It was quite relaxing to not have to worry about anything. To top it off, I shot one of the tightest groups I’ve done in a while. Even got compliments from the 2 different range officers. For the longest I was contemplating on whether or not to keep this gun, but now it’s definitely staying in the collection. Today definitely changed my view of this gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Trent that is excellent. I've never tried adjusting a 1911 extractor myself, but that is a skill that I need to learn. Congrats on getting your SR1911 running properly!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trent that is excellent. I've never tried adjusting a 1911 extractor myself, but that is a skill that I need to learn. Congrats on getting your SR1911 running properly!
Honestly before this gun I had absolutely no knowledge of fixing parts on a gun. But since every local gunsmith wanted a minimum of $100 or more to adjust it, I figured I’d use YouTube and my mechanical skills to take a crack at it

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
Trent.45,

Happy for you and the Ruger is certainly a wonderful gun.

Now, if you're going to continue to do kitchen table fixes
as a gunsmith, remember the nominal weight of a 1911
is near 2.5 pounds. And a 1911 always respects a
5-pound hammer for adjustments. :):):)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trent.45,

Happy for you and the Ruger is certainly a wonderful gun.

Now, if you're going to continue to do kitchen table fixes
as a gunsmith, remember the nominal weight of a 1911
is near 2.5 pounds. And a 1911 always respects a
5-pound hammer for adjustments.
Thanks. I’ll definitely keep that in mind. Honestly, the rest of the gun feels great. I just couldn’t get it to run like it should due to that extractor

·
Registered
323 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts