1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for months, almost paid premium pricing because I wanted that .45 Glock, yesterday I went to my LGS, to get some minor gunsmithing work done on my pistols. I wasn't looking, wasn't going to buy anything but maybe some ammo that wasn't cheap to begin with, anyway. I wen't ahead knowing that they probably wouldn't have it so I asked the counter guy if they had a Glock 30S, normally, clerk counters assume that you want the 30SF or whatever but never do they come back with the right pistol.

Well to my suprised the guy brings 3 gun cases, 1 30S without sights, 1 with sights and a 30SF...:biglaugh: I was SHOCKED! he went ahead by telling me that they are only for LEO/Public Safety/Military personnel and not for the general public, that they just came in barely a day or 2 ago. Well since I qualify for the "Blue Label" program, I was able to get for under $500, well, $494 to be exact...:D;) 10+1 in a small compact .45 compact frame, can't ask for anything else. Ok, here it comes... Let the Glock bashing begin...:eek:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your find.
Can I ask what store you ended up finding it around Chicago?

GAT GUNS~ Dundee, IL~ If your interested they only have 1 left...:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not necessarily interested in the gun itself, just looking for new stores around here that people trust lol.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not necessarily interested in the gun itself, just looking for new stores around here that people trust lol.

If you think that you can "trust" a LGS well, you may end up waking up to a rude awakening. Not all of them are per se good, some are better than others but at the end of the day what matters most to LGS is "MONEY,PROFIT" not the end user... Sometimes it feels like a car business, very few LGS truly care about customers, for example look what many have done to customers by raising prices on items that didn't need to be raised in the first step. Especially if the manufacturer hasn't increased its pricing. Price gauging to the extreme and to me thats just totally wrong to do but hey they do it anyway. So what matters most and who you can trust the most???? Well, maybe the money that you have in your pocket you can trust the most by not having stealerships taking from you without a fight... The truth to the matter is that most LGS do not make real money on gunsales, they make money by providing a range, supplies, ammos, etc etc.. Guns is just a small fraction/margin of the total picture..

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Glad you found one in your area. Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have a G-30 and like it.
Congrat's!
30's is a fine gun.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
And why are they not for the general public?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And why are they not for the general public?
Because it's Glocks blue label program, for LEO, military or public safety personnel ONLY also, "special discounted pricing" not offered to civilians...

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Ok, here it comes... Let the Glock bashing begin...:eek:

OK, I'll start.......:hrm:

If you like the mushy trigger that gives (me) blisters and a plastic 2x4 feeling in your hand..........

I'm happy for you. :D

G23 I had to carry when I was am armed guard did this.......just never got the warm fuzzy's with a G.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you think that you can "trust" a LGS well, you may end up waking up to a rude awakening. Not all of them are per se good, some are better than others but at the end of the day what matters most to LGS is "MONEY,PROFIT" not the end user... Sometimes it feels like a car business, very few LGS truly care about customers, for example look what many have done to customers by raising prices on items that didn't need to be raised in the first step. Especially if the manufacturer hasn't increased its pricing. Price gauging to the extreme and to me thats just totally wrong to do but hey they do it anyway. So what matters most and who you can trust the most???? Well, maybe the money that you have in your pocket you can trust the most by not having stealerships taking from you without a fight... The truth to the matter is that most LGS do not make real money on gunsales, they make money by providing a range, supplies, ammos, etc etc.. Guns is just a small fraction/margin of the total picture..

Agreed, I guess that was more of what I meant but "Trust." I'd rather bring my business and my money to a store that doesn't screw its customers by price gouging when things get rough, and has a decent sales staff. The car salesman comparison is extremely accurate. The staff is all there to make the sale but I lose respect for them once they start talking out their you know what trying to make the sale. At that point is when I find another store or go online to order something.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Because it's Glocks blue label program, for LEO, military or public safety personnel ONLY also, "special discounted pricing" not offered to civilians...
That's a good price. I paid $599 plus taxes and background check at a local gun range for my Glock 30S. They throw in a good half-dozen free range sessions for me every time I buy a gun from them so it sort of almost works out about the same.

·
Registered
14,940 Posts
Like my Glocks, but hate the Glock factory triggers and the feel of nekked plastic in my hands. I always go with an aftermarket connector and I either use Agrip or Wilson Tennis Racket grip tape on the grips.

I believe the OP will like his new Glock.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Congrats on your find. I own a few Glocks, I'm not their biggest fan. My wife carries one faithfully.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on your find. I own a few Glocks, I'm not their biggest fan. My wife carries one faithfully.
I'm not their biggest fan but they are reliable, cheap and you can do tons of work to them like "almost" a 1911... It works for me..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts