1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and its a GI milspec. Put 200 rounds through it, 1 stovepipe. Got it today, then whent to the range. I LOVE IT!

Took me way to long to get it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I *might* of limp wristed that shot, but I dont think so. However I have a much more expensive firearm that I couldnt fire 2 shots in a row with out a FTF. Payed 441.98 for this, and its allready one of my favorite guns.

·
Registered
289 Posts
One of my GI Mil-Specs had a weak extractor. I noticed it before I ever shot it, but it would not have surprised me if it gave me stovepipes. I corrected it by removing the extractor and bending it slightly to put more tension on it. It should be strong enough to hold a cartridge when you have the slide removed, but not so stiff that it's hard to slide the case rim in.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put another 200 rounds through it, no problems. After the first 5, I tried swaping the barrel with one I have from a Loaded Milspec, no problems there.

I love this gun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put about another 150 rounds through it. Was compairing it side by side with a Ruger P90. The 1911 is more fun and cnftorable to shoot. I had 2 FTF, but that was near the end of my shooting, and it was long after my groups expanded to look like shotgun blasts, so I willing to bet It was me. Everyone else who fired it liked me new toy too. I'm very happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts