1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A former LEO called, they were looking for 45 acp ammo.

They recently went thru a divorce and ammo wasn’t high on shopping list

Since I haven’t had a 45 in 5 years, I sold them my last 2 boxes of fmj and 1 box of Winchester ranger jhp for the price on the boxes

Yeah I’m a nice guy lol
Snicker NO IM NOT
They got the ammo because they are a friend

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I let my cousin have a 1000 rounds of 5.56 yesterday for what I paid for it a while back. I had a little extra and he was in need. I really am a nice guy most of the time.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Sorry. I'm not sharing unless for my son or my best friend. Just because I was smart enough to stock up does not mean I sell ammo to every tom dick and harry.

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
Sugar and Flour? Sure. Toiler Paper? Maybe. Ammo? Hello NO!!!

·
Registered
23,485 Posts
The LGS guy that I deal with a lot.

He said that he might call me for some .22 rimfire ammo as he is clean out. Have yet to hear from him. My brother may call me, but I doubt it. Aside from on this forum I generally do not give out a lot of information about what I have.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would share a little of my ammo for friends and family if they were in true need of it for protection. If for play hell no I am the only one that gets to use the ammo that I have paid for on entertainment.

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
My friends each got 3 loaded Gen3 window P-mags since they don't have too much yet in the way of ammo devices for their ARs

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Sorry. I'm not sharing unless for my son or my best friend. Just because I was smart enough to stock up does not mean I sell ammo to every tom dick and harry.
Actually, my cousin is my best friend and he had never owned an AR-15 until last month and had no ammo for one. I had more than enough for Chris but tom, dick and harry are out of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I dont stock up on ammo. But if I skip the range I will have enough to shoot the first 150 criminals who come through my door...once. Double-tapping will take me down to 75. After that I guess I'm screwed.

·
Premium Member
8,259 Posts
I let my cousin have a 1000 rounds of 5.56 yesterday for what I paid for it a while back. I had a little extra and he was in need. I really am a nice guy most of the time.
I just cranked out another 500 rounds and stacked it on top of the pile. I don’t know your cousin and I don’t “buy” 5.56! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
I've been stockpiling since 1992. How ANYONE could've lived through 2 terms of KLIN - TON I, Y2K, 9/11, and 2 terms of the OBAMANATION, and NOT stockpiled... :hrm:... is beyond ME!
I totally agree but some come to the table late, and others fall on hard times. I am in the latter. I have kept most of the guns and ammo but lost all of the supplies and food.

I look at it lie this. The good Lord brought me this far, I’ll trust him to help where I have fallen short.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I gave someone a 1,000 rounds of 9mm 115gr FMJ just as the ammo crisis began to start.

Actually, what I did was, I bought the GF a 1,000 new rounds from Freedom Munitions. I told her to just lay low for now and conserve ammo. It's hard to replenish the ammo you've shot at a reasonable price with the shortage.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I just cranked out another 500 rounds and stacked it on top of the pile. I don’t know your cousin and I don’t “buy” 5.56! :biglaugh:
I buy it then reuse the brass. I have enough 5.56 components for another 1000 but after that I need more bullets. I have plenty of powder, primers and brass. :)

It is nice to have a pile ain't it.

·
Administrator
72,996 Posts
I've been stockpiling since 1992. How ANYONE could've lived through 2 terms of KLIN - TON I, Y2K, 9/11, and 2 terms of the OBAMANATION, and NOT stockpiled... :hrm:... is beyond ME!
Like you I've been buying ammo since at least that long. I still remember the primer famine of 1994/95. Unfortunately I have never been able to stockpile pallets worth of ammo, as I shoot it as fast as I buy it plus I simply don't have the income to collect both guns AND that much ammo for them. Since this is just a hobby anyway I'm content to lay low during ammo shortages and find other stuff to do with my free time. As long as I've got some ammo on hand, and my defense guns are still loaded with the good stuff I'm fine until it blows over. If we ever get to a point where ammo will soon be gone for good then we have more serious problems that simply stockpiling it won't solve.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
If we ever get to a point where ammo will soon be gone for good then we have more serious problems that simply stockpiling it won't solve.
That is true and if I ever actually need all the ammo I have stock piled then I am probably over my head in very deep crap.:(:(:(

But if brass and copper ever take the place of silver and gold I will be able to buy plenty of TP if they have any to sale.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a few friends get their first hand guns last year. I would tell them every week or two to go out and buy some ammo. I would even give them sales flyers when ammo was on sale. I did my best to encourage them to buy a box or two every time ammo was on sale and told them not to wait until they thought they would actually need ammo.

If they don’t have any ammo, that’s on them not me. No excuses accepted.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts