1911Forum banner

Finally got a I need ammo call lol

3K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  Nitro.45 
#1 · (Edited)
A former LEO called, they were looking for 45 acp ammo.

They recently went thru a divorce and ammo wasn’t high on shopping list

Since I haven’t had a 45 in 5 years, I sold them my last 2 boxes of fmj and 1 box of Winchester ranger jhp for the price on the boxes

Yeah I’m a nice guy lol
Snicker NO IM NOT
They got the ammo because they are a friend

#4 ·
Sugar and Flour? Sure. Toiler Paper? Maybe. Ammo? Hello NO!!!

#5 ·
The LGS guy that I deal with a lot.

He said that he might call me for some .22 rimfire ammo as he is clean out. Have yet to hear from him. My brother may call me, but I doubt it. Aside from on this forum I generally do not give out a lot of information about what I have.

#24 ·
He said that he might call me for some .22 rimfire ammo as he is clean out. Have yet to hear from him. My brother may call me, but I doubt it. Aside from on this forum I generally do not give out a lot of information about what I have.
I believe I saw plenty of .22 ammo at decent prices on Midwayusa a couple of days ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I would share a little of my ammo for friends and family if they were in true need of it for protection. If for play hell no I am the only one that gets to use the ammo that I have paid for on entertainment.

#8 ·
My friends each got 3 loaded Gen3 window P-mags since they don't have too much yet in the way of ammo devices for their ARs

#14 ·
I totally agree but some come to the table late, and others fall on hard times. I am in the latter. I have kept most of the guns and ammo but lost all of the supplies and food.

I look at it lie this. The good Lord brought me this far, I’ll trust him to help where I have fallen short.

#15 ·
I gave someone a 1,000 rounds of 9mm 115gr FMJ just as the ammo crisis began to start.

Actually, what I did was, I bought the GF a 1,000 new rounds from Freedom Munitions. I told her to just lay low for now and conserve ammo. It's hard to replenish the ammo you've shot at a reasonable price with the shortage.

#19 ·
I had a few friends get their first hand guns last year. I would tell them every week or two to go out and buy some ammo. I would even give them sales flyers when ammo was on sale. I did my best to encourage them to buy a box or two every time ammo was on sale and told them not to wait until they thought they would actually need ammo.

If they don’t have any ammo, that’s on them not me. No excuses accepted.

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
Who’s hoarding? If you have enough income to last a lifetime, is that hoarding? Sounds like several folks gave ammo to f/f. Sounds like you’re an expert at staying home. Some are unable to stay home during this war, they’re too busy trying to save your ass. I’ve got my 30 and you are dismissed.

#34 ·
Damn right!
The “No soliciting” sign on my door does not mean “No Smoking” in Spanish!!
Had that one pulled on me by a couple of chicks selling car cleaner. They got the hint, but I still got to watch them bend over and wash the Hipster’s car next door!

#36 ·
Read with interest sone of the things that became very valuable during the Argentine financial collapse of 2000. Concealable handguns were high on the list, of course ammunition to feed same, as well as prescription meds, trained guard dogs, and iron grates to go over windows! Plus wearable gold jewelery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.