1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Gold Combat S1 and am looking for a good leather holster (the gun is black oxide). All you that have the same gun, if you use leather, do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Gotta be more specific...how are you planning on carrying?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Milt Sparks

AZ,

Congrats on your Ser I Gold Combat. I found out the hard way how the Eclipse finish wears easily in Kydex holsters, so I bought a Milt Sparks CC-AT holster. It is a very high quality leather holster and has caused no additional wear on the Eclipse.

However, after paying $98.00 and waiting 7 months I found that I'm not a big fan of the slight forward cant (FBI cant?) the CC-AT model has. I use it regularly, but would prefer to sell it for a different model with a straight drop.

If you are interested, $65 will have it shipped to your door so I can get a different model. Let me know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More specifically...

I'm looking for right handed outside the waistband... with a forward cant. I'd like to take up some competition shooting and have always used kydex. Because this isn't stainless like my others, I'm just concerned about premature wear. I'm also going to be looking for IWB but is not quite as rushed as the first. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
My favorite OWB for years has been Kramer's Belt Scabbard in horsehide. Not the prettiest, but very tough while remaining thin, and conceals very well also. Another I like very much is the Tucker HF1. It's a unique design that really secures the pistol while still providing easy access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts