1911Forum banner

Finally got to hold a Sig Revolution

758 3
I planned to go to the Reliant gunshow next month to buy a 1911 - My final choices were a SW 1911 DK (the cheaper one) and a Sig Revolution w/o the rail. Things took a turn when the local dealer was selling a new Springfield TRP w/ Armory Kote for $200 less. I only had around $1000, so I never would have been able to buy this gun if not for the discount.

Anyway, the shop here got in a Sig Revolution this week, and I saw it today. It is a nice gun, but I didn't like two things - Not a big fan of the sights - the front sight was kinda hard to see. And, I really HATE their grip safety. It has a shape to it that I have never seen on a 1911 before. Anyway, it all worked out in the end, and I have the TRP. But, if that wouldn't have happened, I probably would have gotten the S&W, as I really didn't like the Sig.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,732 Posts
I handled one the other day.

It "looks" much better than the pictures IMO.

More importantly, it appeared to be very well fit and finished, very "solid" feel.
Good trigger pull, bbl fit, etc. As much as I can tell anyway. :)

As unusual as the grip safety looks, it "seems" to work. Meaning, with my hand size and grip style, it's rare that I can pick up a stock 1911 and actually have the trigger release, i.e. grip safety release enough. This one did which surprised me.

· Registered
1,441 Posts
ShipWreck, I just got back from the show at the GRB. I only saw one Revolution. I have to say I'm disgusted. Sig has not corrected their flaws. The Revolution I saw had the hammer lean. It was leaning towards the right. The serial number was GS05494. :barf:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.