1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a sig tacops regular barrel and loved it and on a (stupid) whim traded it and then traded what I traded for etc. a very stupid thing to do and always regretted getting rid of the tacops. I had a couple of other sig 1911s as well, 2 scorpions 1 railed 1 not, but they never compared to the look and feel of my tacops and got rid of them. SOOOOO two weeks ago I dropped the hammer and bought a sig 1911 tacops tb and man I am glad I did. totally forgot how great a gun this is and how much I have missed it. took awhile to find the TB version but Buds finally got some in. picked it up from my ffl Wednesday and I love the the new spec ops style hammer they are putting in them now and the black finished barrel the tb comes in now as well. I wasted no time and put in a Wilson combat extended lever, flgr (because I like them), a #17 spring, and 2 Wilson combat 500b mags.

in short glad to be part of the sig 1911 family again!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cool. I traded off my tacops a few years ago. (Dumb move) Recently picked up a scorpion commander. Now i am looking to get the scorpion nitrade coated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the look of the scorpions, very cool in FDE. both of mine, I added the black wc trigger to top it off! how do you feel about the carry vs the fullsize? I had a real hard time deciding on this purchase. they had a carry tacops tb as well. I have never owned a compact 1911 so I stuck with what I knew.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love the look of the scorpions, very cool in FDE. both of mine, I added the black wc trigger to top it off! how do you feel about the carry vs the fullsize? I had a real hard time deciding on this purchase. they had a carry tacops tb as well. I have never owned a compact 1911 so I stuck with what I knew.
I have the TB scorpion carry. I prefer a 4.25" 1911 over a 5". I shoot both the same. So i chose what looks better to me.

im going to look for a black flat trigger.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Comfortracing,

Congrats on the TACOPS TB. I have the standard TACOPS. Great gun.
Now to decide if we want the TACOPS in 10mm or wait for a different model. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
I actually just picked up a TacOps regular barrel in a trade yesterday. Looking for a threaded barrel so I can attach my Osprey!
Did you end up getting the TB for your TacOps? I am looking for a TB for mine. If you switched out yours, I would like to hear where you sourced the barrel from and how it turned out.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Love my Sig Scorpion..traded for this, it was not original when I got it, G10 grips were misplaced by original owner.

I added VZ Simonich grips, now it has MILTAC diamondbacks on it.
added the WC 3 hole trigger and new WILSON spring kit throughout the inside.

I really like Sig's modern touches on the American classic. The slide is just flat out sexy..

v

1 - 15 of 15 Posts