1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my hands on a BO today. Been drooling over this for months. It felt very nice. I liked virtually everything about it. The finish is great. This cannot be overstated. The slide to frame fit was good, not les Baer tight but very good. I was very impressed with how smooth the slide racked. The checkering was ok, not great but serviceable. I get it, it's not hand checkered.. I think it could have had deeper diamonds and perhaps wrapped around the front strap a bit more. It was very serviceable. (I know it's only $1200) the sights were good. The thumb safety didn't have quite the snap I like and the trigger was crisp but heavy, my guess 6.5-7lbs. For the money I was very impressed. In have seen nothing but rave reviews on accuracy. It's a great looking gun, sure to be a shooter and has every feature you could ask for. Can't wait to pick one up after the holidays. Nice job para

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5lbs range is good, Good luck with it and hope to see a range report.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Being an old Bullseye shooter, had my BO trigger set at 3# 9 oz. The gun is a tie with my SA TRP for first place in my collection of 10 1911zzz. Plus it is purdy, love ion bond !

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For carry my ideal weight is 4lbs and crisp. For competition, the lighter the better anything from 2.5-3.5 is suitable, small hands so I will be putting in a short trigger. I don't intent to use this for competition (when I get it) but I may use it for home defense. To heavy and big to carry IMO. I agree on the finish. I think it may be part of the reason. the slide was so smooth. Gun looked and felt top notch. Trigger weight doesn't bother me much, I kind of expect to fine tune them when I get new guns whatever they may be. How's it shoot?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I sure like my 14-45 BO. The Ion Bond finish is smooth and cleans up really nice. The last time I had my BO out on the range, I had to slow it down some. The follow-up shots were double taps due to the light trigger reset and about to get me in trouble...haha. The accuracy is consistently tight and can w/o doubt shoot better then me.

I've tested my BO with several different HP's and now use it as a CC SD pistol in a good leather holster.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The trigger in my Black Ops (14.45) started a little heavy (think it measured like almost 6), but after breaking in and 1k+ rounds it breaks right around 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts