1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going back an forth about whether I needed a refinished pre-70 Colt, a Sistema or a Norinco and I decided on the Norinco. It was just as nice as the other two - ok maybe the Sistema finish was a little nicer but then so was the price tag - twice as much or more than the Norinco. The refinished Colts that I saw just weren't that nicely done and they were 3-4 times as expensive.

Here's the deal - unfortunately, no photos until the daughter brings the digital back. I got this one for $380 out the door and it's in about 98% condition - Not as good a buy as some that I've read about but not bad. It just has some minor holster wear at the front of the slide and some slide to frame wear at the front as well. Serial number 3022xx - C.S.I. marked on the slide - I took it apart and the barrel has the last 4 digits of the serial number etched on it along with a "M" and a "P." Are there numbers on the slide someplace - I didn't see any.

It looks real nice overall - got that great basic "older" 1911 look - but I got to figure a way to rejuvenate the dots on the sights. Any suggestions? I'll take it to the range on Friday to try her out. Thanks to all on this forum and elsewhere that put up with my questions.

John

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats, glad to see people still like the ''GI'' look as I got my Llama Government yesterday:rock:

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
One of mine has the last 4 of the serial number etched in the slide. There may be those numbers on the GS and MSH. I'd guess that was dependant on who put the gun together at the factory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the replies - the old look 1911s appeal to me nowadays.

Jim - I'm sorry - what are the GS and MSH? Thanks!

John

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Grip safety and main spring housing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats with your ChiCom .45. Mine is serving me for about 10 years now to great satisfaction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts