1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back from the gunshop where I'd gone "just to check prices" (famous last words).

I looked at the SA full size loaded models in blue & ss (no park. in stock). Also looked @ Sig 229 & 239 (both in .40 S&W). The 229 was too "chunky" after handling the 1911's and I couldn't justify picking a 239 over a 1911, yes I'm a true believer!

I'd all but settled on the ss full sized model when he showed me the loaded parkerized Champion w/ nightsights (the sights I really wanted in the first place)...long story short, the champion now has a loving home!

I paid $817 for the gun and 200 rounds of 230 grain S&B rn (after taxes) - about what I'd expected, maybe a little less. All I expect to add is a "possible" trigger job after it's thoroughly broken in, have to wait and see.

The 'smith at the shop told me it would cost $200 to change the black sights to nightsights on the fullsize btw. Couldn't see going that route when I knew I heard the Champion softly calling out "Take me home Daddy!"

One thing I'm concerned about... is it wrong for me to want to sit here and fondle it all day?
Thanks for all your input guys, it really has helped!

Mac

[This message has been edited by Maclean3 (edited 05-07-2001).]

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I've never thought of fondling as inappropriate, particularly if it is preceeded by a flowers, a good dinner and a movie.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Great Choice, in my opinion, I love my Champion, I only wish I would have gotten a 2001 with night sights.
Regards SonnyD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts