1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All I can say is why did I wait so long. These mags are so nice. There aren't a lot of choices out there for Officer/compact mags especially in 38 super.

Tripp custom makes them by cutting down a full sized mag. The mags are polished and get engraved numbers near each witness hole that correspond with the custom design. The base pads are the flaired type with subtle front lip which is nice on a short frame. But the best thing is that they comfortably hold 9 rounds instead of 8.

Just got back from the range. Smooth as butter even topped of with 9 rounds.

I am going to order some more for my 9mm........they are that nice.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Glad they worked out for you. Tripp makes an excellent product which is unparalleled in their category.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I use only Tripp and wilson mags. There are other good mags out there. But, Tripp and WC, I think are the most reliable.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
They're terrific, reliable and durable mags across all calibers.

I've been touting and recommending them for quite a while on the forum - but almost never get a response that they'll be tried. Almost like the recommendations were in invisible ink. Glad you found them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have Metalform and Wilson mags for comparison. A lot of attention to detail here on these Tripps. If there was ever a "Supergrade" mag these are it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im slowly replacing my used mags with the tripp repack kits. They work great. So far ive converted most of my wilson 47d mag.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good to know. I've read such but never tried them and I just ordered a few from their website. They are on backorder for the 8 rounder in .45. They said I'll get a special free gift for the inconvenience :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Tripp magazines are all I order when I need new mags. I have also put the rebuild kits in a number of non-Tripp mags and they all run great. I usually order from John Harrison who keeps them in stock and he ships fast too.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Just acquired my first one with a Monolith Commanche I picked up today. These mags seem to be of the highest quality as mentioned above. I have been pretty devoted to Wilson in the past, but these will be my go to's for the future.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Tripp Cobra mags are the only mags I use across all calibers. Extremely high quality.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I agree with all comments based on the quality of them...

I just wish that they had some more options with baseplates and basepads on the 9mm mags.

I use mine on a DW Guardian (bobbed) and in order to carry the gun, I prefer a flush bottom magazine.
The Tripps have a huge bulky balck plastic base plate that extends well beyond the bottom of the gun grip. It kinda negates the entire reason to have a bob tailed pistol. And the have no other baseplate choices.

For this reason, I use Wilson ETM's with the ultra slim aluminum baseplates for that gun.
But they do make excellent magazines!:)

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have been recommending Tripps for years ever since Virgil sent me a free one to see if it fixed an issue I was having. It did!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with all comments based on the quality of them...

I just wish that they had some more options with baseplates and basepads on the 9mm mags.

I use mine on a DW Guardian (bobbed) and in order to carry the gun, I prefer a flush bottom magazine.
The Tripps have a huge bulky balck plastic base plate that extends well beyond the bottom of the gun grip. It kinda negates the entire reason to have a bob tailed pistol. And the have no other baseplate choices.

For this reason, I use Wilson ETM's with the ultra slim aluminum baseplates for that gun.
But they do make excellent magazines!:)
Your observations for a bobbed 19911 are valid. The design of the Tripp tube/pad incorporates the extra space needed to carry the extra round.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts