1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been over a year, 35 radiation sessions, 3 chemotherapy sessions, a dramatic weight loss that caused me to physically collapse and sent me to a nursing home for 3 months, but I finally went to the range again. During all this, I had acquired 6 rifles and one pistol I had never even fired yet.

Well, consider them all fired now.

I fired 3 Mosin Nagants two Mausers, a Swiss 96/11, and a Spanish 1016 Mauser .308 conversion. I finally got to fire my Fusion Firearms 10mm long slide Hunter. I got to shoot my new Dan Wesson scoped barrel shroud, and the new 15" "Frankenbarrel" I got for the pistol pack. (Now have 5 barrels and 6 shrouds for it)

The only bad thing? Seems since I lost a lot of blubber in my shoulder by the end of the day I was getting a very sore shoulder with an incipient bruise coming in. (Either that, or just wasn't used to it any more)

But it's a GOOD hurt!

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Welcome back from your fight. I am sure you know what real hurt is. I have a little cushion on my shoulder and my Mosin still kicks hard.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
A big congratulations and glad you're back on the range.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glad you are better!! And can get out and shoot!!

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Glad to hear you got out to shoot. That is a major victory! Those steel milsurp buttplates can hurt even with a little meat on the shoulder. Keep up the fight!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I wish you well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Great news sir! Welcome back and best wishes for your health. Now that was a hell of a way to celebrate a return to your passion for firearms. All the best, and stay well.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
my daughter and wife are cancer survivors, as is my younger sister. Tuff thing to have to go thru, but they are healthy, and one's courage and confidence really do make a difference. I wish you continued healing and health, and am glad you are able to resume what you enjoy.

About a decade ago, had a sudden cervical vertebral collapse, so had to wear a stiff neck brace, then surgery, and for about 6 weeks could not do much of anything, certainly not drive. Then one day, in my stiff neck brace, walked out to my garage, carefully climbed into the seat of my Superformance 427 Cobra replica, turned the key, fired it up, slowly backed out of the garage, and with my wife not saying a word, drove slowly around my neighborhood. I got back into the saddle as it were. One step at a time.

Good to see you regaining your strength and ability and goals.

Truly all the best for you....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts