14,948 Posts
No wonder eveyone thinks Colt is either:

A) Out of business
B) Not selling to civilian marketplace

Colt makes it VERY easy to keep those rumours alive and well. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
No kidding. I LOVE Colt 1911's and continue to buy more as I think they're just *it*. BUT, the company certainly appears to be managed very, very poorly indeed. It's too bad, because they have the potential to clean up the 1911 market, but so many management decisions they make are remarkably inept. Apparently they're content with the way things are going, because I haven't seen much evidence to the contrary in the last few years. Did I say I really like Colt 1911's? I really do. In fact with the money from the recent sale of my Defender I'm going to buy.... another Colt 1911! I really liked the gun, but concluded that I much prefer my 1911's in Government or Commander size.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I really think that the management of Colt is in the position of a prudish Boston spinster who inherits a saloon. Yes the money is nice, and the business has been in the family for a long time and she has a responsibility to preserve it and all that, but it is embarrassing to be associated with something so out of touch with her eastern liberal beliefs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.