1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my pistol in Brownells Gun-Kote and it turned out great! But there is a problem on my part, after a pulled it out of the oven and fully assembled it, i noticed a small spot on my slide that i had missed:(...so i was wondering if it would hurt my already cured finish if I went ahead and touched it up and put it back in the oven? would the re-bake hurt the rest of my already cured finish? any input would be great!!! thanks!:)

·
Registered
641 Posts
You could probably touch it up, ensure you degrease the heck out of it if you lubed your pistol already.
Chris

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I just finished my pistol in Brownells Gun-Kote and it turned out great! But there is a problem on my part, after a pulled it out of the oven and fully assembled it, i noticed a small spot on my slide that i had missed:(...so i was wondering if it would hurt my already cured finish if I went ahead and touched it up and put it back in the oven? would the re-bake hurt the rest of my already cured finish? any input would be great!!! thanks!:)
What was the original finish on the weapon? I'm very intrested in gun-kote and I have a weapon in "blue" that I'd like to go over with a bake on. I heard in the past it had to prep. by media blast or park'd. I was thinking I'd use scotchbrite pads and degrease. What problems did you encounter if any? Thanks for any helpful hints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts