1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted on here in a long time but I just finished up my 5th kit and felt like it was worth showing off. You be the judge :)
Started out with a full size Pro Series and went from there.
sorry about the lint in the pics

Cerakoted everything Graphite black and Sniper gray controls.
Done

Flush cut and crowned barrel

Sorry for flooding with pics from someone unknown but I am pretty proud of this build and had to share somewhere :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,
I did the ball cuts and beveled inside the magwell and also beveled bottom of the slide edges a small amount.
I had a stack of pics in the post only to find out it only allows 10 so I did a quick edit and deleted all but the done pictures

·
Registered
21 Posts
AllenM You should be proud , it looks SWEET. I too like working on Fusion Kits done three so far. Thank You,show us some in progres pixs :rock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AllenM You should be proud , it looks SWEET. I too like working on Fusion Kits done three so far. Thank You,show us some in progres pixs :rock:

Be glad too :)
I wish I had a nice new mill when taking pics but mine is old and not to pretty but it gets the job done.

Skipping some of the of the process. I muted the sharp edges on the frame and slide, Lapped the inside of the MSH and obviously trigger work plus bevel cut bottom of the slide too.

Magwell blending

grip safety and Ambi side of thumb safety fit terribly. (Owner provided Ed Brown parts. Nothing wrong with Ed Brown at all I just thought you may realize there not Fusion)

Pre fit and test fired at this point

Baking the finish

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
WOW... Very Nice. I really like the heavy outer reveal cut on the slide. It gives a nice distinctive look..... Thanks for the great post!! Very nice work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts