1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting 550 rounds thru the gun. 6 failures to feed, none in the last 200 rounds. Shot well, very controllable. Would not slingshot. Takedown was easy, no bushing wrench needed. Gun is on par with my Nighthawk. Very happy owner so far. Gene

·
Registered
22,875 Posts
So what makes you think that it is broken in?

Just finished putting 550 rounds thru the gun. 6 failures to feed, none in the last 200 rounds. Shot well, very controllable. Would not slingshot. Takedown was easy, no bushing wrench needed. Gun is on par with my Nighthawk. Very happy owner so far. Gene
Just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just following the recommendation included with the paperwork, not to takedown the pistol until after 500 rounds. Not really sure what a breakin period is other than putting enough rounds thru the gun to feel confident in its reliability. Gene

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm thinking of buying one soon.

How is the trigger on it? I saw a youtube video that showed more creep that I have on my Ed Brown or Wilson Combat.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How is the trigger on it? I saw a youtube video that showed more creep that I have on my Ed Brown or Wilson Combat.
Thanks.
Not OP but my recently purchased custom carry came with some trigger creep, but after 600 rounds is like a glass rod now with a light take up. I've never shot a WC or EB but I can't imagine it can be any better. Sample size of 1 but there are several reviews of similar experiences with Baer triggers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not OP but my recently purchased custom carry came with some trigger creep, but after 600 rounds is like a glass rod now with a light take up. I've never shot a WC or EB but I can't imagine it can be any better. Sample size of 1 but there are several reviews of similar experiences with Baer triggers.
Thanks for your reply!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts