1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The pistol is a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec.

I added:
Nowlin full length one piece guide rod, barrel and bushing
Ed Brown flat uncheckered mainspring housing, wide thumb safety, slide stop, extended mag catch, and hammer strut
Older Springfield wood grips from my dad's loaded model

I was going for that government style look with just that extra sparkle. I like how it turned out.

I have so far put 750 rnds. through it with 0 malfunctions and tack driving accuracy.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Looks good! I'm a sucker for that GI look. That one still has the basic lines and as you put it, a little sparkle. Congrats.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So where is the range report? That is what this section of the board is for.
I don't know what more to say; 750 rnds. down range. Zero malfunctions; tack driving accuracy meaning pretty consistent groups at 25 yds. are within 2". I know the pistol will shoot better, just a matter of getting to 1", skill wise. The pistol has done everything I could dream of in a pistol.

Sorry I have not taken shots of the targets yet. I should have been on that.

P.S. Thanks guys for the nice comments.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Jmag14:

Very nice gun and work there. I really like your tastes.

My first, which looks similar to yours (parts a bit shinier) except for an added stainless MSH/mag well and trigger went to my son-in-law. No mag release change though.

This is my current gun with a Marvel Unit 2 on it for the time being. The .45 slide has the same bushing and guide rod look. The contrast really set the gun off which is to some people's tastes, but not others, as are many things in 1911 land.

Oh....both shoot very well as an EGW fitted barrel bushing went into each.

Again......like your tastes there.

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice.

Im planning on getting a SS GI and putting on a S&A mainspring and some Eagle grips pearl grips. Maybe a Bar-stro barrel too.

Make myself one of those "GI plus" guns.

I actually like the older GI sights. not as much as the new Novaks, but it doesn't matter to me accuracy wise.

·
Banned
759 Posts
Jmaq14;

AWSOME JOB, I like everything you did exept I do preffer narrow thumb safeties.
Your front sight looks similar to an older Colt gold cup, did you have trouble swaging the front sight?
I went through 3 sights before I gave up and tacked mine in with a tig welder, LOL.:barf:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you fellows for the nice comments; I appreciate it.

mr1911: "Your front sight looks similar to an older Colt gold cup, did you have trouble swaging the front sight?"

Jmaq14: The front sight is the factory Springfield Armory Mil-Spec item.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts