1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finished what was probably the most fun I've had in a long time. Back in May I bought a Foster frame a 5" Caspian slide, Cylinder & Slide fire control group, Cart barrel, Grips I built myself and various other Caspian and Wilson parts. Well after about 300 hrs (of wich probably half of those we're measuring about 15 times before cutting once) and sone simpl hand tools this is what I have. I've run about 500 rounds (300 of wich were lswc's) thru her so far and have yet to have a fail to feed or fail to fire. Wich is probably luck. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Don't sell yourself short there thunderwood. Luck did not play much of a part in putting together that ace. Several areas of nice craftsmanship. Regards

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I think It takes a lot to do a custom build and be different than other well known builders.

Sometimes a new different look isn't appealing to many but I think your first custom is a hit.

Id own it

·
Registered
808 Posts
Beautiful. I just fixed up one of mine with the C&S kit and an Ed Brown match trigger, 3.25lbs on the dot and crisp as it can get. Mine certainly isn't that pretty though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
that beaver tail looks like it could be used as a weapon once you run out of ammo! very nice gun you have put together there

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sure looks better than mine lol! Good work on your blaster. Based on the amount of effort you put in that gun, I very much doubt luck had anything to do with the reliability of your new pistol :D

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Very nice. If you're going to build one, you might as well do something unique and make it your own. I like it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just a very nice hand made piece there. Congratulations. Along with the thousands worth of time and skill invested, how much out of pocket is in there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice!
Do you have a new project in mind?
Yes of course. As soon as I can talk the better half into it.:biglaugh: She didn't quite see the savings or enjoyment in my project I did. I'd like to build a 6" bullseye style gun possibly on a titanium / Damascus setup or possibly another government in steel in a dark green or a commander cary gun or...... I think you get the idea lol.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very well done,I am working on one now,but after seeing some of the "builds" on our forum
I think I will not post any pics......nice execution,good luck !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts