1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
For those of you who reload, but also need factory ammo once in a while, Fiocchi really is a good way to go. Fiocchi's brass is very nice. Some of the guys I shoot with really liked it when I used to shoot Fiocchi. It has been months since I last shot Fiocchi and they continue to reload it over and over again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
greg- 1000 per case
maxwayne- seems as though all of the wolf stuff is out. someone know something i don't know?

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I spoke with a friend that owns a reloading shop about Wolf yesterday. He had 1 500 round case left for $65 (mine). He said that over the last 6 months ammo sales have been soft and noone has been stocking a lot. All of a sudden there's demand. Since Wolf is made in Russia it could take up to 3 months for a shipment to get past customs and to the shelves. As far as he knows there is no Wolf in the system to be bought for weeks to months.

I'm going to the 1500 next weekend. I'm sure prices will be way up by then.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like Fiocchi a lot. I ordered some from Ammoman recently as well. I think it is a bit hot. I really like that. What do you guys say? All in my head?

------------------
Isn't this the land of the free?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Wolf ammo is rather nasty and smells funny compared to other ammo. The laquer on the steel cases gives some people's guns the fits as it causes some to stick a little, hence malfunction. Steel cases on a steel barrel have the potential to cause wear that you would not get with softer brass or aluminum cases. Nobody I know of has ever reported this as a problem, but the potential is there.

Fiocchi is fairly clean. It is definitely cleaner than Wolf, S&B, or PMC.

As for Fiocchi being hotter, according to Forker's "Ammo and Ballistics" book, 230 gr ball Fiocchi ammo runs at about 875 FPS at the muzzle, so a little hotter than some other brands, but not by a whole lot.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I love Fiocchi. I agree it feels hotter than most, but very clean and like the others said very nice brass.

------------------
O.K., My Turn

·
Registered
207 Posts
BrokenDC10,

Do a search on the Wolf ammo. You will find a whole slew of info and opinions on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts